Coming up on this LinuxGameCast Weekly. We show you what to do with a “hacked” Steam client. Jordan rages against Serious Sam 3 BFE, and Venn buys a fan. Oh, we also have a go at some neat KickStarter gaming projects.
Stick around for the spoiler filled aftershow where we take on Skyfall, Cloud Atlas and South Park.
Icculus Working Hard
- @PyGuyLinuxFan Lots of work for the impending Steam/linux release. New games, old games, and tools to support them. Fun times!
Steam For Linux Limited Beta Has Arrived! …kinda
- The first wave of welcome emails has been sent out!
- We will be expanding the beta in the future with more participants from the survey.
- Does it matter at this point?
STEAM – New games
- Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 now also runs in Steam for Linux! http://store.steampowered.com/app/1200/
- Killing Floor now runs in Steam for Linux! (no more missing executable) http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/
- Just launch Steam today and saw this. Serious Sam update add executable for non-beta users. http://store.steampowered.com/app/41070/
- Eugh. I have some issues with SS3
What Can You Do With A “Hacked” Steam Linux Beta Client? Play Some Humble Games!
- Install Humble Bundle games (show working list)
- Everything except TF2
- Fedora 64 bit issues. Had to run steam as root first. Dependency issues solved by reboot
- thanks to spot @ redhat for providing a complete deplist
Nvidia debuts ‘double-speed’ drivers for Steam
- The One thing phoronix is useful for.
- It’s faster
Steam using WINE for some games?
- Steam will download, install, and run Trackmania Nations Forever if WINE is detected.
- Will not automagically install WINE
- Bug or feature?
- Don’t like not being prompted or even asked about using WINE.
Humble Tells Us Whar ..kinda
- We will, of course, offer refunds to any disappointed Mac and Linux customers
- In Humble Indie Bundle 6, we wrote that Vessel was coming to Mac and Linux in 24-72 hours.
- The port is still being developed as fast as possible
- It’s in private beta testing