Coming up on this LinuxGamecast Weekly. 90’s arcade racing, SG-1 invades UT2004, 10,000 subscribers and Jordan has a Frozen Nightmare.
Steam News :
List of progress with existing ports and greenlit games going onto Steam for Linux
- There were 200+ games that were hoping to get Greenlit that stated that they’d be supporting Linux.
- Actively asking devels about Steam ports.
When downloading Steam on fresh install of Windows, they advertised (actually advertised, not just a link) Steam for Linux on the download page!
- Nice that Valve is pushing the Linux option
- Will they expand distro support after the beta?
GCW Zero (Linux handheld retro-gaming console) on track to meet or exceed Kickstarter funding goal.
- We talked about this in EP21
- At time of recording 105K out of 130K goal with 8 days left
10,000 subscribers! Take that, /r/macgaming!
- Just a quick good on you for our favourive subreddit
PlayOnLinux 4.1.9 is available
- Possibility to detect if .exe are 32bits or 64bits
- Virtual desktop are now compatible with wine 1.5.16+
- Bug #1446 fixed – No idea what it is but damn, glad it’s sorted.
GetDeb and PlayDeb discontinued
- PlayDeb database was lost
- Too many packages to be handled as a one-man-project
- The repository is still completely mirrored
Gear Up coming to Linux
- Gear Up is a multiplayer online game where you can build tanks and participate in online challenges
- “Yes we are working on a Linux version. It is a native port where all systems in the engine are ported to Linux.”
- Public testing 2-3 months from now.
- New car handling physics, including an “easy” mode for sane people
- 111 tracks (7 new)
- Updated graphics including New trees (generated with SnappyTree) and More trees!
- F trees!
- Oolite is a space sim game, inspired by Elite, powered by Objective-C and OpenGL
- Test Release configuration is intended for testers, maintainers, OXP developers
- There are numerous expansion packs and other add-ons for Oolite.
Frozen Nightmare 1.3 brings Linux support
- You suddenly wake up with a terrible pain in your head. You feel each of your bones shaking; the cold is indescribable.
- This update will features UI upgrades, a minimap and radically increased performance.
- Using the Unity engine
- 25% off the alpha $5.99
Stargate: Special Unit For Unreal Tournament 2004
- Kree shak tok’ra
- This critter has been in development for nine years
- You’ll need Unreal Tournament 2004 and its latest patch (v3369) to play this mod.
- UT2004 it a PITA to install on a modern distro but it’s a must for SG-1 fans
The 90’s Arcade Racer
- This is a an arcade racing game for PC, Mac, Linux and hopefully OUYA based on Scud Race, Daytona USA and Indy 500
- Pledge £10 for a digital copy
- Estimated delivery: Nov 2013
Zear (GCW Devel) offers details
Jonah asks about Venngeance Jordache