NOTE: Sorry about the audio levels being out of whack. One of the Skype instances ignored the auto-adjust settings. Should be fixed next week.
Coming up on this LinuxGamecast Weekly. Valve releases Half-Life. Desura is looking for developers, adding non-Linux games to Steam and new L.G.C. merch.
Steam News :
Adding Non-Linux Games to the Steam Linux Client
- A lengthy guide for adding WINE games
Valve Releases Half-Life (Beta) For Linux
- Selinux Workaround: grep hl_linux /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol && semodule -i mypol.pp
- Did not launch until I entered the Steam Pipe beta in the bet…BWAAAAAM
- Hey, 1920×1080 but no 1280×720 (we need this for recording)
Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta released (official)
- Hot on the heels of Half-Life 1, Counter-Strike 1.6 is now available as a Beta for your testing pleasure on Linux (and OS X).
- Working Perfect on Arch x64 and Ubuntu 32
Relics of Annorath 32bit Linux Installer and Launcher now released
- Installs and runs on my 32-bit Ubuntu box
- Performance is a bit shit
[DESURA] Looking for developers
- The in-development Desurium client outperforms the older Desura client on Linux.
- Only available to be compiled on Linux
- Anybody who is interested in contributing to the development of Desura/Desurium
New legacy 13.1 driver for Radeon HD2xxx-HD4xxx cards
- AMD Catalyst™ Driver for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000 and HD 2000 Series
- Automated installer and Display Drivers for Xorg 6.9 to Xserver 1.12 and Kernel version up to 3.4
- A developer used his Raspberry Pi to display gauges for RoR
- Gotta love nifty raspi shit
- Sega Saturn emulator
- The software renderer now handles transparency and many other VDP2 features, making many more games playable.
- PSP, Wii, and Windows ports will be removed
- An interesting little game that pokes fun at Guitar Hero
- This game is written in Perl language, so it depends on Perl interpreter. It also needs libtermkey and some extra Perl modules
- Took one look at it, said “cute” and forgot. About it
One Late Night
- One Late Night is a short immersive horror-game experience, starring an unnamed graphic designer employee, working late one night at the office, until strange things start to happen.
- His PC runs Ubuntu and you must save the game via CLI
- Noticed that. Thought it was cute
- Graphics performance was a bit meh
- Sysadmins don’t have these problems. they’ll garotte a fucker with cat 6 cable. Graphic designers…
Battlemass’ Released for Linux
- Battlemass is a new single-player and multi-player turn-based strategy game for Linux.
- You play match on a tile based map in turns of 3 phases – combat, harvest and build.
- The goal is to destroy your opponent’s Base/City Unit.
Erik T signed up for the $10 a month L.G.C. Weekly Subscription. He gets to name the cup.
Just Tactics, has entered beta
A neat list for Steam on Linux games
- Tickle Me Venn that spews profanity and steals your liquor
- Life size Antonio Banderas Masa Cwang Blowup Doll