The creators of Mousecraft screamed in our direction this morning about their new game Wordtrap Dungeon. WordTrap Dungeon is a crossover, word spelling game, mixed with classic dungeon RPG mechanics. That said, this is a pre-alpha build and focuses on presenting the game mechanics.
What will the final version bring? Let’s check with the judge.
The full version of the game will feature:
- 2 game modes
- Story (which will tell us the tale of a young wizard, trapped in a magic tower)
- Arena (where players will try to defeat as many monsters as they can before keeling over)
- Simplified RPG system including statistics, levels of experience, items and lot’s of loot
- Varied types of dungeons, swarmed with different kinds of enemies, including every-day dungeon fellas (rats, bats and beholders) and bosses, unique for every type of dungeon.
We’re also thinking about implementing a Multiplayer mode, depending on the community support for the game.
WordTrap Dungeon is a crossover, word spelling game, mixed with classic dungeon RPG mechanics.
The rules of the game are simple:
- form words from available letters
- attack monsters with a magic spell formed by the letters.
- be quick, as the monsters are anything but friendly
- defeat the monsters and collect additional, bonus letters
- advance through the dungeons