Coming up on this LinuxGamecast Weekly. 0 A.D. goes tax exempt. Nikki and Windward stop development. Croteam delivers a serious update, AMD sets off our scouter and we try our hand at surgery.
Steam News :
Serious Sam 3 Update 176695 – publicbeta
- Text input in Linux now respects the current keyboard layout.
- Game now tries to restore desktop resolution after fatal error.
- Dedicated server would not start from Steam client.
AMD Claims Up to 9000 300% Improvement in Team Fortress 2
- Resolves a Team Fortress 2 performance issue with Ubuntu 12.04/12.10 and AMD Radeon™ HD 7000, 6000 Series GPU. Up to 300% performance improvement
- Resolves a Serious Sam 3 launching and corruption issue with Ubuntu 12.04/12.10 and AMD Radeon™
0 A.D. now a member of SPI, can receive tax-deductible donations in USA
- Bring Venn’s voice to the masses
- If you live in the United States, you can donate to 0 A.D. through SPI and deduct it from your taxes.
- 0 A.D. will remain a free, open-source project
- If you wish to donate to 0 A.D. through a European bank account, to save international money transfer costs, this can be done through the German non-profit organization, ffis e.V.
Nikki and the Robots Stops Development
- No more episodes
- Didn’t sell as much as hoped.
- Website and the online store will stay online for at least some months
Windward (BETA) is free for now
- Stopped development because he was unable to get greenlit on Steam / get fresh exposure after multiplayer was added
- Servers will remain online
- HTH does he plan to keep the servers online?
- Why not release the source?
- Why not indeed
- That way people can continue development and people can run their own goddamn servers
- Game itself is alright.
Annex upgraded from mod to Indie Game
- Crashed hard on first run. Edited annex.ini to change resolution to 1280×700 an in windowed mode
- First impression is very starcrafty
- Funky Music
- Nice that someone is making use of the Megaglest engine
Open Source Xbox360 Emulator In The Works
- Neat. Love me some emulators
- It does not run games (yet)
- Only builds on Windows and OSX (for now)
X3AP Public Beta Testing
- Beta test for X3 Albion Prelude
- New Terran HQ Model
- Fixed exploit in freight transfer menu
- Fixed ATF Rank not being able to rise
Could you test this pre-alpha build of my game’s new graphics and gamepad support?
- Wouldn’t compile. /home/jordan/src/Runtime Engine-44c9defa0b87b870/lin/../main.c:202: multiple definition of `main’
- Static Binary Works on fedora 18 64 bit
- Cute. Controls are very loose though
Surgery Simulator 2013 has a Linux version
- Its like QWOP but with manslaughter!
- A game where you have to relearn how to use a single hand
- My goal is seeing how quickly I can kill the patient
WORDTRAP DUNGEON pre-alpha version
- Vocabularific! A perfectly cromulent Boggle-venture
- I got absolute shit for letters though
- The devels promised to add the word “slut”