Coming up on this… Linux Gamecast Weekly, a Steamstravaganza, Carmack wines, Blow says that Linux sucks, Unvanquished is unplayable, and a fun Little Codpiece
Key: Venn Jordan Pedro
Steam News :
Steam Client Beta Update – Feb 5
- – Beta change notes should appear in-client when a new update is available
- – (Big Picture) Users can now add wallet funds and authorize microtransactions
- – (Big Picture) In-game overlay now moves back on ESC when appropriate rather than closing directly
- – (Big Picture) Fixed left/right navigation of game related sbut
- Big Picture
- – Fix crash when exiting
- This includes Tray Icons on Fedora 18
- And Fuduntu
Wargame: European Escalation closed (50 person) Steam beta
- Goddamn right I was invited
- It looks fun but have no idea how to play it. Could use a tutorial
Shank2 beta launches along with Counter-Strike: Source
- Controller support works out of the box
- Borked my Steam install (had to start clean) could have been from the Windows download bug.
- No El worko for mois just yet
- WFT Valve! 32 and 64 bit HIB shank work fine, yours don’t!
- What fuck the
- Both work fine ootb my end, the gamepad support is still flaky, it wouldn’t register some of my strokes with my cheapo Trust Force
- Heh, “strokes”
Psychonauts now works in Steam
- Very loud at the beginning
- I cannae alt tab captain
- Indeed. Needed to Shift tab to release ze mouse
- Runs pretty good though
- Weird default mouse configs, up and down worked right but left and right were reversed (gamepad-friendly settings probably)
Linux Sale planned (including Tux item for TF2) according to steam translation site
- Flood of games.
- This shite is going down.
- Another bullet hole through my wallet fired from Valve’s .45 SfLC
Linux-Friendly Mini PC Fast Enough For Steam Games
- Use a few of those guys at work. Eeeh….
Valve co-founder Gabe Newell: Linux is a “get-out-of-jail free pass for our industry”
- He said that Steam for Linux gives people freedom to innovate on an alternate operating system.
- He mentioned that Valve is developing console form-factor PCs — a.k.a. the Steam Box — much like the one shown off at CES last month.
Carmack: F Linux
then (post shait storm)
- Ooh! I smell raging debate
- Couple people in the reddit thread I agree with, saying emphasis should be on using cross platform toolchains for games
GetDeb.net, PlayDeb.net return
- Both users reportedly excited.
Braid developer on the drawbacks of open source OS. Linux is a 20% productivity drain
- …or just used to the windows tool chains?
- icculus https://twitter.com/icculus/status/299255674557317120
- My favorite kind of DRM
- Unreal Tournament ’99 skipped the CD check for the Linux version
Livalink, New First Person Shooter Game for Linux
- Reminds me of Killing Floor with a Futuristic Vibe to it.
- It does play quite a lot like it
- The Upgrade System, if done right, could be used to fight that monotony Killing Floor suffers from… Problem is doing it right.
- Single player :/
- He does say it needs some funding… sorry: “Id love to work on cooperative gameplay but he project needs support. At the moment it would not be worth the investment.”
- Pew pew pew….Reload…Pew pew pew
- What Jordan says about MMOs, I’m adapting it to MOBAs for me.
- Bots are scripted in LUA… It’s like one big .conkyrc /*Linux joke ftw*/
- HON makes me rage2hard
- *checks* yup, same 12 year olds screaming faggot at each other.
Unvanquished Alpha 12
- Didn’t work OOTB on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Couldn’t get it to work on Fuduntu 2013.1
- Static Doesn’t work on Fedora 18 64 bit
- Monkeying around with their source
CoD of Duty: The Premier First Person Shooting Fish in a Barrel Simulator
- It starts by being a Shooting-Fish-In-A-Barrel sim, ends up just being a parody on “Realistic Shooters” with Minecraft-like graphics.
Rose&Time is now updated, with prettier graphics, and a #Linux version
- Works out of the box on fedora 64 bit (Duh)
- Neat game, occasionally frustrating. Takes some planning
The linux_gaming logo creator speaks up
They ARE watching
Aaron lets us know about RTS (we covered this last week)