Coming up on this LinuxGamecast Weekly. We talk Linux game sales. Slenderman sees his shadow. Champions of Regnum lands on Steam, and Hexagons ..everywhere.
“I get a 10-30% FPS increase with Nvidia by doing the following…”
- No sh*t
How to stop TWC and ATT from sucking at Youtube
sudo iptables -A INPUT -s 18.104.22.168/24 -j REJECT
sudo iptables -A INPUT -s 22.214.171.124/16 -j REJECT
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -s 126.96.36.199/16 -j REJECT
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -s 188.8.131.52/24 -j REJECT
Steam News :
Steam For Linux: 2.02 percent
- Woo! 2%. Take that mac!
- Wonder how many TF2 Windows kiddies logged in once to grab the Tux.
- There was an .exe file floating around that’d set up a VM with Linux, install Steam and set everything up so you could login, start TF2, get the tux and you could then uninstall it from the Windows App Wizard.
Defender’s Quest – Our Steam Linux Sale Results
- 16% came from Linux vs 6% from MAC
- Spent less than $1,000 worth of labor getting our game working on Linux.
- Where is your excuse now
- Could have been more if the game was written in something other than AIR
- I don’t buy AIR / Flash games
- I wish I could wish Adobe away at this point. Even their PDF reader is effing bloated.
- I don’t buy AIR / Flash games
BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien Available On Steam
- Simultaneous release for all three platforms.
- “California rest in peace, simultaneous release, California show your teeth, she’s my priestess I’m your priest… yeah… yeah”
- So it’s like the first one on LSD: less retro crispiness, more motion blur.
- Never was particularly interested in Bit trip franchise. Trailer looks cool though
Super Hexagon on Steam
- It’s a one way ticket to Epileptic Seizure Town with a short stop on Claustrophobia-ville.
- That is a pretty apt description
- I noped out of the game after 2 minutes.
[Free 2 Play] MMORPG “Champions of Regnum” now on Steam for Linux
- Hmmmmm… Are you getting any dosh out of this Venn? (nerp that was six years ago)
- Fun game during the beta days but not graphically impressive.
- Not a huge fan of the MMORPG and left soon after launch when premium items became damn near mandatory.
- Doesn’t work on Fuduntu 2013.2 if launched from Steam, launching the binary file directly from the ../Steam/SteamApps/common/regnum folder works. >.>
- They fixed it!
- Moar FGLRX woes, no Anti-Aliasing pour moi.
- MMO = No jordan play
Retrobooster demo update
- Added fullscreen switch to Settings menu.
- Refined art pipeline, improving some art assets and boosting performance about 10%.
- Lunar Lander with coherent physics and just as unforgiving, needs to be finished!
DreamWalker Now on Linux
- I had an AlterEgo binge a few months back, on my android phone. It doesn’t really work in a PC medium though, not for me.
- Free Linux demo
Gearscape closed beta
- The critters at subvertgames are seeking beta testers for their new game.
- Described as “Super Meat Boy meets Portal”
- Email email@example.com after creating a forum account (/w username) and a short bio
Asylum: Free-as-in-Freedom Horror Adventure, Successfully Crowd-Funded
- I’d donate the extra 30k just to see what the Figs Dubbing stretch goal was… If I had that kinda money.
- As long as it isn’t another crossframe game like Scratches (or the original Myst) and more along the lines of Amnesia, I’d drop them a few more $$ if I could.
- Its neat to see FLOSS games being crowdsourced.
TrenchBroom: Modern Cross Platform Map Editor For Quake 1
- 16 years too late to be relevant. >.>
- It has a different philosophy than other editors; forcing you to think in 2D rather than in 3D.
- People still play Q1?
- Causes my gerbil input to go haywire.
- People, TEST your Unity games on Linux before shipping
- Crashes silently as soon as it finishes loading any of the levels included in the Demo. (probably FGLRX)
Sacred Line – free dark adventure/surreal thriller got an upgrade
- Deleted from IndieDB and the Mega link ain’t workin’ either.
- Mega link works here
- It works now, probably some Mega downtime.
- Both links don’t work for me
- Mega link works here
- Unable to load mono library from /media/Storage/GAMES/Sacred Line 1.2b Overhaul Linux/Sacred_Line_1.2_Overhaul_Data/Mono (x86) Failed to load mono
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones?
- had to relink a ton of sfml libraries to get it to think about running
- Holy 3840×1080 batman
- Crashes when put in windowed mode, I have to play with only one monitor 🙁
- Performance is a bit shit.
- Fun puzzle game, reminds me a LOT of Q.U.B.E. / Portal
- Yeah. Got a real portal vibe from it. Mouse is a bit shaky though
- Can’t re-arrange controls, means I ain’t playin’ it.
- You get to play a non copyrighted Henry Jones, Sr. as portrayed by a bad impersonator doing Sean Connery.
- I’m going to say the same I did about AlterEgo: Dreamwalker, or better yet, I’m going to quote Extra Credits on this one: “…it really shows how platform and input device can really change an experience.”
- The guy’s dialogue had me chuckling. And they were right about it being almost pure trial and error
Racing Game Project 0.01
- We’re having some issues with Yum on Fuduntu, I can’t get blender to install on my end.
- Martinesh is a bit of a legend in the Blender community.
- The FIRST Blender game I played where the control didn’t feel like mush
- Runs pretty niceley, I suck at it
0 byte Steam downloads from filibitijitibibo
Guns of Icarus insecurities
Glog78 sends in some Linux tweaks
Krayon from HPR, /dev/random and KernelPanic