The four most common plugins on Linux are LV2, VST, VST3, and stop laughing, CLAP. In this guide I’m going to show you how to get them installed. Once installed you can use them with Reaper, Ardour, Bitwig, Audacity and the like.
1. The first thing we’re going to do is enable Show Hidden Files in our file manager.
2. For LV2 plugins copy the *.lv2 folder into the .lv2 directory.
3. For VST plugins copy the *.so into the .vst directory.
4. For VST3 plugins copy the *.vst3 folder into the .vst3 directory.
5. For CLAP (quit laughing) plugins copy the *.clap into the .clap directory.
6. In Reaper open Options > Preferences and check that your VST, LV2, and CLAP paths point to the correct folders in your home directory.
7. Manually rescan to detect the new plugins or Restart Reaper.
That’s is, you should be good to go. If you have any questions leave them in the YouTube comments section.