Home › Forums › Steam On Linux › Windows Downloads in Linux Steam (RESOURCE FILES ONLY) › Reply To: Windows Downloads in Linux Steam (RESOURCE FILES ONLY)
July 31, 2013 at 12:51 am #68644
We should write a simple script to do this, process:
1. create and open shortcut for game
2. create a script to extract appID from the “Exec” and the game Name and load into variables $appid and $name
3. then access a Template of “appmanifest_xxxxxx.acf” and rename to appmanifest_$appid.acf
4. modify all the appropriate text i.e. “appid”, “installdir”, “name” and “appinstalldir” using $appid and $name in the .acf file.
5. Save and move to .local/share/Steam/SteamApps
6. Restart steam client
What ya think?