Home › Forums › Announcements › AMD Catalyst� 13.8 LINUX Beta Driver › Reply To: AMD Catalyst� 13.8 LINUX Beta Driver
And now I know why… Fuckin’ AMD can’t make a driver worth a fuck.
Any way, here’s how to solve it.
1. Make amd-catalyst-13.8-beta1-linux-x86.x86_64.run executable, either through chmod or the right-click – properties – permissions tab
2. Run it (not as root) it’ll extract everything to a subfolder from where you have the .run file.
eg.: In my case it was called “fglrx-install.OFVhy5“
3. Enter your password and minimize the installer (Don’t close it)
4. Inside that temporary folder it creates do a search for firegl_public.c
5. Open firegl_public.c and do a search for this line:
root = KCL_create_proc_dir(NULL, “ati”, S_IFDIR);
6. Replace it with this one:
root = KCL_create_proc_dir(NULL, “ati”, S_IFDIR|S_IRUGO|S_IXUGO);
7. Now you can resume the install and reboot when prompted.