Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus installed ….FK!

Home Forums General Banter Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus installed ….FK!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Venn Stone
    Keymaster

You know, If I could have reached that last backplate screw WITHOUTHAVINGTOREMOVETHEFKMOTHERINGMOBO (fault of the case) the installation would have been hella simple. Dropped the temps 15C and render boxen is spooky silent. Not bad for $29.99.

Check out the clearance on Brad.

H3d4FmX.jpg

strider
    Participant

I got the Hyper 212 Evo on my rig, really happy about it. I wish my fridge was that silent.

Venn Stone
    Keymaster
    strider wrote:
    I got the Hyper 212 Evo on my rig, really happy about it. I wish my fridge was that silent.

Indeed. I just bumped the the clock from 3.8 to 4.0 and it still sits silent at 49/51 under load.

Freejack_
    Venn wrote:
    strider wrote:

Indeed. I just bumped the the clock from 3.8 to 4.0 and it still sits silent at 49/51 under load.

I like my Artic Freezer…….Keeps mine on normal load at 29-32 C and when under full load it runs at about 40C

71UKLvfvomL._SL1201_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001X017G2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Pedro Mateus
    Keymaster

I have the Spanish version of the 212, it’s the Nox Hummer H300.

NXHUMMERH300.jpg

Venn wrote:
    Check out the clearance on Brad.

H3d4FmX.jpg

I couldn’t see the cooler for all the wire (mis)management.

Venn Stone
    Keymaster

You do cable management after pulling a mobo and replacing the HSF BEFORE you test it? That’s brave, son.

i-see-you-like-to-live-dangerously.jpg

Venn wrote:
    You do cable management after pulling a mobo and replacing the HSF BEFORE you test it? That’s brave, son.

i-see-you-like-to-live-dangerously.jpg

Who’s testing a motherboard in the case? THAT’S brave.

Venn Stone
    Keymaster

That would be me. I’m just that good.

Now in all seriousness. I never removed the MOBO from the case. Just lifted it vertically so I could install the backplate and BAM! Screwed it back in.

Venn wrote:

Now in all seriousness. I never removed the MOBO from the case. Just lifted it vertically so I could install the backplate and BAM! Screwed it back in.

And thus, you admit you don’t cable manage, period. :lol:

Venn Stone
    Keymaster
    The Atomic Ass wrote:
    Venn wrote:

I’ve managed to plug every cable into the correct spot. I really don’t see what you’re on about.

Venn wrote:
    The Atomic Ass wrote:
    Venn wrote:

I’ve managed to plug every cable into the correct spot. I really don’t see what you’re on about.

Let’s try a different term. Routing, perhaps?

This is an example of half-Assed wire routing (what I call management)

Everything is plugged in: 5 fans, 3 SSD’s, the hard drive you see, both graphics cards, the water pump, and 2 USB 3.0 cables (for a total of 4 ports), front panel stuff, though the USB 3.0 card in the top slot doesn’t have external power right now.

View post on imgur.com

Venn Stone
    Keymaster

Horizontal radiator? Really? The hell, man.

__eMpTy__
    Participant

“Dev Mode” / Unmanaged:
    http://i.imgur.com/Y1gnqhr.jpg

Managed / Properly Routed:
    http://i.imgur.com/NGDwXI5.jpg

No liquid cooling required because NOT SUPERCOMPUTER. Dust and dirt for character.

__eMpTy__ wrote:
    No liquid cooling required because NOT SUPERCOMPUTER. Dust and dirt for character.

Yeah, apparently you’ve not met the latest generation of Intels. Their thermals are ridiculous. :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.