Garry’s Mod and Rust Dev Say Linux Is a Second Class Citizen—- What a F-ing idiot.

Home Forums Linux Gaming Garry’s Mod and Rust Dev Say Linux Is a Second Class Citizen—- What a F-ing idiot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Freejack_

Please read…. http://news.softpedia.com/news/garry-s-mod-and-rust-dev-say-linux-is-a-second-class-citizen-485527.shtml

Fire away and if possible get a refund……… I can’t get the refund, I got it through a CD-key, don’t remember where. Only played 5 minutes…..That was because the bitch wouldn’t run when I got it.

Pedro Mateus
    Keymaster

We gave you that CD-key.

And Garry has never been exactly friendly towards Linux. I was stupefied when he actually got back to me and gave us some keys for Rust.

To comment on his strawman argument: it’s no wonder the Linux user base is so low. The game has been outright busted for most people for several months now. If people can’t play it, they sure as hell ain’t gonna show up on your stats report, now will they?

Freejack_

And I was actually thinking about buying Rust, it’s been on my wishlist…….well it won’t be now.

Orn
    Participant

Damn Shame, I was hoping to buy Rust one of these days just to Nuclear teabag people guess that won’t be happening now. My allegiance towards Linux trumps teabagging random people

He does not want my money then, meh.

linuxgnuru
    Participant

jesus what a mother fucking cock wad. And I say that in the nicest of gestures.

Venn Stone
    Keymaster

Now with screenshot goodness.

klZJK5y.png

linuxgnuru
    Participant
    Orn wrote:
    Damn Shame, I was hoping to buy Rust one of these days just to Nuclear teabag people guess that won’t be happening now. My allegiance towards Linux trumps teabagging random people

but we’re still on for teabaging people we know right?

Freejack_
    Venn wrote:
    Now with screenshot goodness.

klZJK5y.png

Welp he knows how to sink his ship…………….I think we need to start a Steam inquiry in to his practices.

I would say this is about the best comment and it is true too

WSon0kO.png

Venn Stone
    Keymaster

Full disclosure from bizarro-land: He personally sent us three keys for Rust.

Orn
    Participant
    Venn wrote:
    Full disclosure from bizarro-land: He personally sent us three keys for Rust.

What the FubbleCheeseCakeMunchingOnCreamPiesAndJellyFries

linuxgnuru wrote:
    but we’re still on for teabaging people we know right?

On definitely but, I’d would’ve liked teabagging random people, its a fresh new “experience”

madhi19

Well he wrong, it more like third or fourth class citizen. It goes Console, Mobile, Windows, than Linux or Mac. Look how WB treated their Windows customers, that’s how Linux users are treated all the time. This is the pecking order, and until we start moving a shitload more units it won’t change.

One way to look at the statement made by this guy:

LGC has 36 Patrons on Patreon.

Rust $19.99 times 36 equals $719.64 dollars

Gary’s Mod $9.99 times 36 equals $359.64 dollars

total potential revenue equals $1,079.28

So, he has decided to alienate a potential Customer base which, just within this community of people, could increase the sales and profit generated for his company.

He is suffering from what a lot of companies fail to see, long term rather than short term profits.

His and other companies will fail to make the profits they so want to do if they continue to alienate potential Customers who are willing to throw some money at their games..

Imagine what the numbers would be if you could gather the numbers of users of Steam who do use Linux.

Rule one in Customer Service, never alienate or insult your current and or future Customers. A bad idea for your bottom line.

Orn
    Participant
    madhi19 wrote:
    Well he wrong, it more like third or fourth class citizen. It goes Console, Mobile, Windows, than Linux or Mac. Look how WB treated their Windows customers, that’s how Linux users are treated all the time. This is the pecking order, and until we start moving a shitload more units it won’t change.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxTNpsv3FUdwGGY-B-H8nQko1od66k0tTKNfJnNn346xCCtkHqTw[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.