If you can’t read read french thread goes like:
– Hi, I’m making a launcher for Oblivion to teach myself PyGTK
– Why aren’t you using PlayOnLinux
– I don’t like PlayOnLinux, won’t help me configure the game
(PlayOnLinux dev kicks in)
– Don’t like PoL? ok� but if everyone made a launcher for every game it would become a mess
– PoL just helps people who have a hard time installing the game, I can use Wine. PoL won’t help me configure the game
– We can’t ?! but what is the use to PoL then ?
– Sorry, I was wrong, do you have a SVN repo so I can contribute (? yes, svn, this was in 2008)
– If you want to contribute that will be complicated since I’m the only PoL dev
Thread stops here, one year later the first version of Lutris is released.