February 25, 2016 at 6:26 am #67434February 25, 2016 at 6:49 am #75864
List of sketchy things:
- Calls themselves “Consortium” but I’m pretty sure it’s one guy, maybe two.
- Puts Windows and Apple logos on a Linux gaming website
- Bunch of Credit Card logos on the header, why?
- Sells World of Padman for 10 cents (instead of 20 cents! what a deal!)
- Verisign logo on a HTTP website
- “Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds” WAAAAT? Is it?
- Forum registration asks you for your address, phone number
- Shows a random list of game engines, Source, UE and a bunch of major ones are not listed
Who *ARE* those guys‽ This is by far the weirdest Linux gaming website I’ve ever seen…February 25, 2016 at 8:28 am #75865linuxgnuruParticipantQuote:How is the LGC getting involved in the community?
We are making it our mission to go after game developers and create change. Bringing AAA and indie game developers over to linux by creating a venue for the community.
Does the Linux Game Consortium have plans on building a Steam-like client?
No, but that does not mean it will not happen in the future.
The IP is somewhere in Kansas:
whois just gives:Code:Domain Name: LINUXGAMECONSORTIUM.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1579272962_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namespro.ca
Updated Date: 2016-01-17T02:29:37Z
Creation Date: 2009-12-18T01:18:13Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-12-18T01:18:13Z
Registrar: Namespro Solutions INC.
Registrant Name: Namespro.ca PrivateWHOIS
Registrant Organization: Namespro.ca PrivateWHOIS
Registrant Street: Box 276, 130-8191 Westminster Highway
Registrant City: Richmond
Registrant State/Province: BC
Registrant Postal Code: V6X1A7
Registrant Country: CA
Registrant Phone: +1.6046828059
Registrant Email: [email protected]February 25, 2016 at 8:33 am #75866
They have a Patreon too, but under the name “linuxgamenews”…
https://www.patreon.com/linuxgamenewsQuote:LINUXGAMENEWS IS CREATING
AN INTEL LINUX GAMING PC
A non-profile Linux gaming news website dedicated to keeping the community informed.February 25, 2016 at 1:20 pm #75868
Oh, they are non-profile, it’s okay then.February 25, 2016 at 1:29 pm #75869
Looks like they’re planning to jack Lutris too.
http://www.linuxgameconsortium.com/faqsQuote:Q: Does the Linux Game Consortium have plans on building a Steam-like client?
A: No, but that does not mean it will not happen in the future.February 25, 2016 at 1:39 pm #75870
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.