Looking for a Screen Recorder …

Home Forums Tech Support Looking for a Screen Recorder …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ok, I am looking for a screen recorder to record game play and take screen shots.

Does anyone have recommendations of one that is easy and good to use?

Please note, I am coming from using Dxtory in Windows. Looking for something that is equal to or even a better in Open Source and or Linux software.

Thanks

Pedro Mateus
    Keymaster

Steam lets you take screenshots at the push of a button (F12 by default). As for video recording, the easiest one to learn and it works most of the time: https://obsproject.com/

Freejack_

You also have SimpleScreenRecorder and I forget the one that starts with a “V”. I agree with Unaccounted4 though. OBS is the best, it even does Chroma Key (Green Screen).

Thank you for the responses, very helpful. I just recently adopted using Linux, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, as my primary OS. It is a whole new world indeed.

I forgot that in OBS that you could record. Have some experience in streaming with it so it should be pretty easy to adapt to using it as a recorder.

I have looked at SimpleScreenRecorder but saw some issues of using it to record and or stream game play.

Thanks again

Osirez_Tech

For Ubuntu 14.04 just remember to install the ffmpeg PPA.

Orn
    Participant

I’m using this

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kirillshkrogalev/ffmpeg-next
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.