Metro Redux released

Home Forums Linux Gaming Metro Redux released

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    strider
    Participant

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287390/

The linux icon is there, along with the specs but the game doesn’t appear in the client yet. Hope it will come for the week end!

Orn
    Participant

Admit it, you’re wet strider

Venn Stone
    Keymaster

Downloading

ELZS8zF.jpg

__eMpTy__
    Participant

Game Options > Advanced PhysX – NOPE
    DwXrml0.jpg
    Edit: I guess it’s not the Advanced PhysX because it’s doing it all the time now.
    Edit x2: Very High = NOPE, in both 2033 and Last Light… funky.

__eMpTy__
    Participant

Insanity explosion!
    JvHgQsb.jpg

Lapinopl
    __eMpTy__ wrote:
    Insanity explosion!
    JvHgQsb.jpg

Happens to me as well on highest quality settings. Gotta play on high instead:/

I was able to get the game to start by adding

‘MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.0 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=400 %command%’

to the launch parameters but, not so surprisingly, the screen is black while the audio and menus, and even the game run. Trying to see if there’s any way to coax some graphics out of this bitch. Intel Ivybridge graphics. :P

strider
    Participant
    Orn wrote:
    Admit it, you’re wet strider

Depends on how well it runs on the GTX560

Venn Stone
    Keymaster

Oh, benchmark

~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Metro/2033/Redux/benchmark.sh

WrenchTurner

About to fire it up on the AMD/Radeon 7950 box. I’m expecting to cover my BBQ sandwich with crash-o-matic, flickery-flavored nope sauce.

I found out that fglrx stands for “Fuck! Graphics on Linux? Ridiculous eXpectation…”

Pedro Mateus
    Keymaster
    WrenchTurner wrote:
    I found out that fglrx stands for “Fuck! Graphics on Linux? Ridiculous eXpectation…”

In theory it stands for Fire Graphics Layer Radeon X, but yours does sound more accurate!

WrenchTurner

It was ’bout like I figured. 5 minute load, game stopped for 5 min when I tried to go from low to medium graphics. I reckon it’s about time to trade in the old AMD bitcoin miner card for a 770. But, Metro 2033 Redux runs about as good on the 750Ti as Metro LL did, so I’m sorta pleased. Sadly, Witcher 2 kicks Redux’s butt on the AMD machine!

strider
    Participant
    strider wrote:
    Depends on how well it runs on the GTX560

With my current rig, the whole Linux gaming experience will stop at Metro Redux. Not that my machine is not powerful enough to run the game, but I’ve had this bug I’ve experienced since Serous Sam 3 was released.
    The game freezes and I get a new frame drawn every 5 seconds or so and I get those messages in dmesg.

[ 240.531786] NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:01:00): 32, Channel ID 00000007 intr 00800000
    [ 240.531985] NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:01:00): 69, Class Error: ChId 0007, Class 00009097, Offset 00001618, Data 00000004, ErrorCode 0000000d

Since now, I have always managed to workaround this bug by tweaking the graphics options, usually by turning Anisotropic Filtering completely off (which is not possible in Redux).
    This is not software related: I’ve tried a bunch of different distros, drivers and WMs and the issue was still here, it even happened on Windows (which I can’t really confirm since I boot on Windows for 1 hour every 6 months or so).
    So, this is an hardware issue (my guess is something’s wrong with the motherboard) and I’m not upgrading anything now since I’m leaving to the US in less than 4 months.

I’ll just have to wait, see you in April, Redux.

strider
    Participant

The glitches on Very High seem to be related to the latest nvidia beta driver
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/286690/di … 374854028/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.