Scumbag Bethesda

Home Forums Linux Gaming Scumbag Bethesda

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    strider
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KApp699WdE

The last time I installed windows to play games was in 2009, to play Silent Hill 3, Prince of Persia and a couple hours of Borderlands (that was when those games ran poorly on Wine or not at all). Now Bethesda announces DOOM and Dishonored 2 which will both require as I presume, DirectX 11 and won’t have Linux ports because Bethesda genuinely hates Linux.

These two games might get me to install Windows and give money to a company I loathe. This is way beyond heretic purchases and I don’t feel very happy about it but nothing is going to keep me from playing that new Doom game :evil:

linuxgnuru
    Participant

It’s not your fault; you’re French.

Pedro Mateus
    Keymaster

Having to install Windows is a pretty safe way to keep me from playing your game. Remains to be seen if Fallout 4 will need DX11, if not I might make a heretic purchase out of that one.

__eMpTy__
    Participant

I’d buy a PS4 before I would install Windows on my machine. Even for DOOM 4, which is probably the only game that gives me a bigger chubby than Fallout 4.

Orn
    Participant

I had to install windows for a new contract I scored on Upwork, if it didn’t pay good I would’ve never have taken that contract. Suffice to say the only game I genuinely have a man boner for is Doom.

And also, GOOD BANANAHAMMOCK WAS IT A BITCH TO INSTALL WINDOWS!!!. I forgot how long it took to install it on my machine

Venn Stone
    Keymaster

DOOM, meh.

I gave up on DOOM3 when I realized that you get jumped from behind every third or fourth door. I started walking into rooms backwards to deal with said surprise buttsecks monsters and got bored.

strider
    Participant
    Quote:
    Having to install Windows is a pretty safe way to keep me from playing your game.

That’s usually the case for me as well but Doom makes me do stupid things. I got a GeForce 3 specifically for Doom 3, by the time the game was released, it was already obsolete…

Quote:
    I’d buy a PS4 before I would install Windows on my machine

I have considered that as well, but Doom with a joypad? meh. That said this new Doom seems to be built for console peasants with the ingame slow-motion going on as you switch weapons in a circular menu a la Dead Island. Hope there’s a way not to have that in the PC version.

Quote:
    I gave up on DOOM3 when I realized that you get jumped from behind every third or fourth door.

I liked Doom 3 but this reboot looks nothing like it, from what I seen it has more in common with Brutal Doom than with Doom 3.

And then, there’s also Dishonored 2. It is very likely that this game will use UE4 (the first one being UE3 based). If this is the case, it could be ported to Linux with minimal efforts so if this doesn’t happen it will only show how much Bethesda hates Linux.

linuxgnuru
    Participant

Yes; but you are still French.

__eMpTy__
    Participant
    strider wrote:
    …from what I [nope]seen[/nope] saw it has more in common with Brutal Doom than with Doom 3.

That is quite literally exactly what I was thinking. BRUTAL DOOM FTW!

strider
    Participant
    __eMpTy__ wrote:
    strider wrote:
    …from what I [nope]seen[/nope] saw

It’s called La Frênche Touche…
    Thanks for correcting me though, I need to be surrounded by Grazis if I don’t want to look like a French dumbass where I live now…

__eMpTy__
    Participant
    strider wrote:
    It’s called La Frênche Touche…

Sounds… dirty.

strider wrote:
    Thanks for correcting me though, I need to be surrounded by Grazis if I don’t want to look like a French dumbass where I live now…

Don’t worry, we’ll have you looking like a ‘Murican dumbass in no time.

Pedro Mateus
    Keymaster
    __eMpTy__ wrote:
    strider wrote:

Don’t worry, we’ll have you looking like a ‘Murican dumbass in no time.

The accent is still a dead giveaway, though!

Pedro Mateus
    Keymaster

Oh and guess what! The real-life Pip-Boy special edition? Only works with iPhones.

__eMpTy__
    Participant
    Unaccounted4 wrote:
    Oh and guess what! The real-life Pip-Boy special edition? Only works with iPhones.

Yet Fallout 4 won’t be supporting Mac… totally makes sense.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.