Should minecraft be afraid?

Home Forums General Banter Should minecraft be afraid?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    linuxgnuru
    Participant

1) windows only
    2) no mention of multiplayer support
    otherwise, I’d say Lego might have a Minecraft killer…

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332310/

Freejack_

If they make a Linux version it will kill Voxelnauts if they make it moddable. If not Voxelnauts will have the multiplatform moddable Minecraft killer. These are 2 to keep an eye on. Voxelnauts has some idots at the helm that ignore the ability of reading. Meaning the can’t read, they look at lit signs.

It is a kickstarter but has a video that shows gameplay.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1760210928/voxelnauts-vr-mmo

__eMpTy__
    Participant

If it’s not modable and multiplayer, it has no chance against Minecraft.

Freejack_
    __eMpTy__ wrote:
    If it’s not modable and multiplayer, it has no chance against Minecraft.

Your thinking like me against Lego’s……………. That where Voxelnauts says it will excel, and allow you to bring your stuff between worlds which you can not do in minecraft. If they just would get their heads out fo their asses and actually talk and “READ” they might get some great community support.

__eMpTy__
    Participant

Voxelnauts looks like their Kickstarter is in trouble…

dailychart.png

Freejack_
    __eMpTy__ wrote:
    Voxelnauts looks like their Kickstarter is in trouble…

dailychart.png

you know the game is pretty much complete and playable? I am not sure what the kickstarter is covering other than adding content.

linuxgnuru
    Participant

ohhh is that how it’s spelled … from the LGCW cast I thought they were saying “voxel nuts”

__eMpTy__
    Participant
    Freejack_ wrote:
    you know the game is pretty much complete and playable? I am not sure what the kickstarter is covering other than adding content.

Okay… so where is the playable demo?

Freejack_
    __eMpTy__ wrote:
    Freejack_ wrote:

You have to be part of the kickstarter to get to play for alpha and beta. So I don’t agree with that.

linuxgnuru
    Participant

even with a working alpha/beta; they have 12 days to make 1/2 of their goal

__eMpTy__
    Participant
    Freejack_ wrote:
    __eMpTy__ wrote:
    Freejack_ wrote:

You have to be part of the kickstarter to get to play for alpha and beta. So I don’t agree with that.

It looks pretty cool nonetheless, but does the world really need another Minecraft?

linuxgnuru
    Participant

The key difference between minecraft and voxelnauts is the 3d aspect; minecraft only supports (and I say supports lightly) red/blue 3d glasses whereas voxel utilizes occulus rift which is it’s selling point.

Freejack_
    linuxgnuru wrote:
    The key difference between minecraft and voxelnauts is the 3d aspect; minecraft only supports (and I say supports lightly) red/blue 3d glasses whereas voxel utilizes occulus rift which is it’s selling point.

Actually pay close attention to the video they have a HTV Vive in there. So they are doing it for both. Also It goes beyond Minecraft as in you can create an entire world and travel from world to world (which will be like mods) without having to load mods.

linuxgnuru
    Participant

Back to my original post:

– Multiplayer?

Quote:
    Will LEGO Worlds have Online Multiplayer?
    LEGO Worlds will have Online Multiplayer later in 2015, possibly early 2016 depending on our progress with all features. It is to be included as a more final feature, as we want to ensure that all mechanics and features we add into the game over the Early Access schedule function in Multiplayer to their maximum potential!
    We will detail how Multiplayer will function at a later date.

– Mods?

Quote:
    Will LEGO Worlds support Mods?
    Right now, we are not supporting Mods, and we want to ensure that we get the base game working correctly for everyone first. We will explore supporting Mods at a later date once we are satisfied (and you are satisfied) that the game is stable enough to consider opening up these avenues.

– Linux?

Quote:
    Will LEGO Worlds be coming to Linux/SteamOS/MacOS?
    At the moment, we’re focusing purely on the Windows platform. Once we’re happy with the level of stability/quality in our Windows format, we will explore additional platforms for release.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/332310/discussions/0/615085406675832629/

Freejack_

That last statement means “no”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.