What DE/WM do you use

Home Forums General Banter What DE/WM do you use

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Freejack_

#KDE but also run #Xfce4 and #LXDE

Sore_Loser

Game rig: LXDE (It’s a lazy man’s Openbox install, light resources 4 games)
    Everything elks rig: KDE (came with Slack and I never used it b4 so I figgered ‘fuck it’)

Sore_Loser
    Venn wrote:
    rat wrote:
    Venn have you tried Awesome WM? It is a little more hands on to get it configured, but I have used it on dual monitors with ease. Each monitor has it’s own workspaces etc. Only issue I met was wallpaper was the same on all the monitors. If you want each monitor to be there own workspace then I would suggest i3. With that monitor 1 would be workspace 1, moniter 2 workspace 2…etc. i3wm is easier to configure compared to awesome that is for sure.

No, but it looks proper! At this point our capture box boots in 6sec to desktop /w XFCE4. That and our not-so fancy capture system is tied to Xfce.

@Venn, If you’re down with a tiler like that but still want your actual Desktop Environment, you could try out my Terminator config. It pretty much strips everything off the terminal and throws it fullscreen on a desktop.

[global_config]
    geometry_hinting = False
    borderless = True
    scrollbar_position = disabled
    [keybindings]
    [profiles]
    background_darkness = 0.0
    background_type = transparent
    icon_bell = False
    show_titlebar = False
    [layouts]
    [child1]
    type = Terminal
    parent = window0
    [window0]
    type = Window
    parent = “”
    [plugins]

Yea, it’s hacky, but look where it’s comin from :) You probably will have to fuck round with the launch options and maybe tweak the config a bit to run it on XFCE, but it works on every DE I’ve tried.

Freejack_

:ar!

z1lt0id

I use Awesome WM here. Took me a while to get around its LUA coding as I haven’t done much LUA before. But now I am enjoying it immensely.
    Jx5Rasz.jpg

rat

z1lt0id, nice setup looks good. I like how the color is consistent.

strider
    Participant

I’d like to try out one of those tiling WMs one day but I’m not a huge fan of the default fonts that I usually see on the screenshots. Is there a way to use those WMs with anti-aliased fonts such as OpenSans or Droid?

rat

@strider, yeah you can use whatever fonts. I have mine setup to Termsyn and Terminus font, just out of habit using them so long. However, you can use any font you want to use.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.