After more than 4 years of development, the Diaspora Development team are proud to release Shattered Armistice.
It has been 40 years since the devastating war between the Colonials and the Cylons. 40 years where no one has seen or heard of the Cylons. 40 years where the armistice has held.
- Fly the MK VII Viper, the Raptor or the new MK VIIe strike variant.
- Take part in furious battles against Cylon forces.
- Play multiplayer missions against your friends as Colonial or Cylon forces.
- Completely voice acted throughout.
- Original soundtrack inspired by the show
- Create your own missions and share them with the included mission editor.
CPU: Core 2 Duo, i3 or similar
Memory: 2GB Ram
Graphics Card: OpenGL 3/GLSL 1.5 compatible graphics card.
Sound Card: OpenAL compatible sound card.
Input Device: Mouse and keyboard.
Installation: 3GB free HD space
- Due to the size of the installer it may take a long time for the installer to actually start. This may last several minutes (up to five minutes in some instances). There are reports that virus checkers may extend this delay so you may wish to turn them off during the installation process.
- Multiplayer is currently very much in beta. Also, in order to enhance the eventual multiplayer experience, the team decided not to finalise the balance between ships. Feedback from players is very welcome. The true multiplayer experience will be available in the next release. Till then, if you wish to experiment, here‘s how to get started.
First, open a terminal and change to the directory where you downloaded Diaspora.
Then open the archive by typing
tar --lzma -xf Diaspora_R1_Linux.tar.lzma
or if that command doesn’t work, the following two commands instead:
unlzma -z -k Diaspora_R1_linux.tar.lzma
tar -xf Diaspora_R1_Linux.tar
Then follow the instructions in Diaspora_R1_Linux/Diaspora/README.txt, with one correction: after you start the launcher in step 5, select your screen resolution from the drop down box in the Basic Settings tab before you press Play. Otherwise, you’ll be running in 1024×768.
Linux – [fs2downloads] – [freespacemods]
During the time we’ve spent developing Diaspora, we have frequently been asked which songs from the show we’ve used in our trailers. The fact is that almost all the music in the game or trailers has been original. So for that reason, we’re also releasing the soundtrack. You can find details on it here.