Coming up on this LinuxGamecast Weekly. OpenMW hits 0.17, Valve is seeking industrial designers, a big list of Steam games and Diaspora: Shattered Armistice is out!
Unity 4 Linux Games
This is a demo of Angry Bots running natively on Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit.
- The game loads without issue
- unable to to configure my Logitech gamepad.
- 64-bit now available
- Asteroids also playable
OpenMW v. 0.17.0 In The Wild
- Ubuntu are now available via our Launchpad PPA
- New player control system, potion usage, a Main Menu!!
- Known Issues: Activating a bed can lock up the game ..giggty
Big list of Linux games coming to Steam
- Games with confirmed Linux clients. This will remain useful until valve adds in a Linux tag.
- A collection of 77 items
- Add additional games if you know of any
Steam seeks Industrial Designer
- BS/BA/BFA degree (or equivalent) in industrial design (or equivalent)
- 6+ years of professional experience shipping world-class, high-tech hardware products
- A thorough understanding of product design principles
- Highly effective multidisciplinary collaboration skills
- Personal commitment to quality, attention to detail
- Confidence with 2D and 3D design visualization tools
- Effective, articulate design communication and decision-making skills
About Frakking Time – After 4 Years In Development, Diaspora (Battlestar Galactica sim) Is Ready
- This all started /w BTRL – Beyond the Red Line was a total conversion for the game FreeSpace 2
- On March 31, 2007, a demo for Beyond the Red Line was released that allowed players to play a tutorial, two single player missions and multiplayer.
- In October 2008, the majority of the team announced that they had left the Beyond the Red Line development team to work on a different project, known as Diaspora
- 4 years later ze Diaspora Development team releases Shattered Armistice.
- If the first five minutes of the game fails to produce nerd chills ..you are dead inside.
- multiplayer missions against your friends as Colonial or Cylon forces.
- Completely voice acted throughout ;)
- Original soundtrack inspired by the show
- Site is down at time of recording
- PITA to install BUT working on a L.G.C. How-to later this week.