Looking for a chance to win one of five shiny new iPads (or Apple Store Credit equivalent)? How about some GitHub swag of your choice ($100 credit for the GitHub Shop)? Well, the GitHub Game Off would like a word with you.
From the blog:
Here at GitHub, we’re no strangers to hosting or sponsoring hackathons. With the growing number of games and game development resources on GitHub, we thought it was about time to throw our very own game jam!
You have the entire month of November to create a web-based game loosely built around one or more of the following themes:
- forking (or forks)
- branching (or branches)
- cloning (or clones)
What do we mean by loosely based on these concepts? We literally mean, looselybased. Some examples might be a FPS where you throw forks at water balloons, an educational game about DNA cloning, or perhaps a platformer where you push and pull objects.
- If you don’t already have a GitHub account, sign up now – it’s free!
- Fork the github/game-off-2012 repository to your individual account (or to a free organization account)
- Be sure to follow @github on Twitter for updates
- Make sure your code is pushed to the master branch of your forked repository before Dec 1st!
- Make sure you have a README file that includes a brief description, what open source projects (if any) you used, and a screenshot.
- Your repo should have a brief description and a URL where the game is playable entered into the fields shown below (this will make our judging process easier):