This week your intrepid heroes contract hepatitis, spin in circles, and F allthethings!
Game: Dead Is-Land
Engine: Chrome Engine 5
Price: (GOTY) 19.99
Wazzat: Terror. Violence. Madness. Bedlam. A holiday paradise gone mad. A tropical island turns into total chaos after a mysterious zombie outbreak. Cut off from the rest of the world, the player’s only chance to survive is to fight to the death and find a way to escape from the island.
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Makes with the working
- ………………………………………………………………………….sorry, was loading my reply.
- I can’t get a straight answer from the hu-mans from Techland on this being ELF native.
- Did you just change my monitor gamma in windowed mode Brad? Yes you did!
- Performance is hella off the charts.
- The game runs stupidly well.
- On the Calculator
- Main campaign crashes immediately after I choose a character or attempt to load my old save.
- Ryder Campaign works… for some reason.
- On the new PC, everything sort of works, tune into the Shiny and Sounds for moar.
- Saying this game loads from middle earth is like saying snails are fast creatures.
Shiny / Sounds
- Nothing to mail bomb home about but it look alright.
- In all fairness i’m not exactly the expert on prancing around in the daylight.
- Voice acting was not horrid and most of the weapons deliver a satisfying THWACK
- So much Steve Blum
- The shader compilation at anything higher than the random ass gamma value the game needs, fails
- You get random artifacting and really odd colors splattered around.
- I like them Australian accents and the voice actors did a really bang job on the bogan, there.
- Did they just drop shite on the keyboard organ and go ‘yeah, looks good’ ??
- Oh oh that’s how we select weapons?
- Really, my strategy is ruuuuuun *swap weapon* run back.
- In game gerbil speed has FK ALL to do /w menu gerbil speed
- Some of these controls make absolutely no sense
- I get what they’re trying to do with knocking down doors, but it’s stupid
- So are quick time events for wrestling zombies
- I wanted to give it 1 chair so bad.
- But, 1 chair means it’s completely and outright busted.
- And, fact of the matter is, in-game the controls work reasonably well
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to recognize PgUp and PgDn as valid keys.
- Nor the mouse wheel and the extra mouse buttons.
- I really want to give it 1 chair but i’ve played worse.
- FK all load times
- Shite weapon selection control thingy
- But at the end of the day it’s an average zombie smashing game if you ignore the quest.
- Call it borderlands burnout, but I don’t think this game is very fun
- All the grindyness of BL2, but with shittier inventory management
- It has all the makings of a proper game.
- It could have even been an awesome game.
- Unfortunately, 3 years after release, they’ve ported it to Linux and introduced EVEN MORE bugs than the game already had.
- And it had a lot of them.