Your intrepid heroes walk off cliffs, gather trineangles, and make with the Death Procession! Trine 3: Artifacts of Power faces the CHAIRQUISITION!
Game: Trine 3: Artifacts of Powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Engine: Frozenbyte Engine v3.00
Price: 21.99 / CDN 23.99
Wazzat: Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a platforming game of action, puzzles and adventure, and the sequel to the award winning Trine and Trine 2. Reunite with the three heroes in an all-new adventure, now for the first time in full 3D!
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Makes with the working
- WAR 4K support, Brad!?
- Not that it matters since @ 1080 it can go from 24 to 113 FERPS for Fk all reason.
- Launches in under a minute… progress.
- If you launch Trine 2 @1080 Fullscreen while your desktop is in 4k, the game will scale. Trine 3 just takes up a teeny corner of my screen. AND fucks up big picture mode!
Shiny / Sounds
- It’s Trine and even /w the 3D sauce it will still crush your eye pussys.
- Same colourful world same fantastic soundtrack.
- Dalek voices were delightful.
- Pre Rendered cutscenes are a nice touch, but aside from updating the models it doesn’t look any better or worse than Trine 2
- I’d give it 4 chairs weren’t it for the fact that, when the physics start fucking up, the jittering and general nonsense that come with it break whatever immersion I had had at that point.
- HTH do you play this thing /w a controlla?
- I gave up on that while attempting to run around the map.
- Keyboard + gerbil work but only allows for better precision when killing yourself to death.
- Yes, this is a 3D game /w a locked 2D camera.
- You know what would have unfucked this nightmare-fuel?
- 20 degrees of left/right/up/down camera control.
- 3D platforming with no camera control = Rubbish
- Futzed around with the playstation controller until I found a configuration that was workable. Still rubbish!
- Steam controller! You are this game’s one saving grace! Barely!
- The Death Procession!
- I genuinely can’t process how many times I’ve died because I thought a given platform was at a certain depth and it turned out not to be.
- Keyboard and gerbil controls are fine.
- They’re about as tight as they were in the previous Trine games and that’s fine.
- Unfortunately, while the past games we’re 2.5D (fully 3D rendered, 2D playing field), this one is fully 3D with no camera control.
- It quickly becomes “go back and hunt down the triangles you missed” …the game.
- Seriously, that’s the only thing keeping this critter from being 2 hours long.
- Trine is about puzzle solving not collecting Equilateral trineangles
- Eight achievements are based on collecting said trineangles.
- Unfortunately the puzzles are rock simple.
- No powerups.
- The unlimited lives caused me to take a Lemmings approach to gathering triangles.
- Beat it in 8 arns so at $19.99 that breaks down to $2.49 per enjoyment-unit.
- Now in all fairness we curb-checked Trine in 10.
- How unfinished is this critter?
- Well there’s a crouch/stealth mechanic in the game that is never used.
- The last “level” is just that. A bit of running and a boss fight.
- My little multiplayer stint with Venn fucked up my playthrough. Didn’t have enough triangles to unlock levels prior to or after where we played, so I had to go back and start collecting
- And seriously, that’s what this game is about. Collecting triangles. I’m fine with fetch quests if they advance the plot, but the triangles don’t. You just gotta collect them to PAY FOR LEVELS IN THIS GAME I BOUGHT
- …Well, Venn bought, but whatever
- Some games shine in multiplayer.
- The only thing that shines in Trine 3 multiplayer are the bugs!
- At one point on Thursday when we did the little play around for the video you’re seeing in the background, I had 3 reticles on screen.
- The physics are constantly fucking up.
- At one point, me and Venn were waiting for Jordan to make a jump and the physics glitched out so bad, one of the platforms shot up to the sky and nailed itself on the physics ceiling.
- I… Honestly don’t want to play more of the game until we need to.