How do I get audio from my USB capture dongle or webcam into OBS? I get this question a lot from people new to Linux. In this guide I’m going to show you how to get audio & video from your gaming PC into your OBS PC on Linux. Plus a bonus guide for connecting your webcam.
1. If you’re capturing audio from another PC set the HDMI output in pavucontrol in the configuration tab to Digital Stereo.
2. Select Digital Stereo Input in the configuration tab on the PC with the USB HDMI capture device.
3. In OBS add a new Video Capture (V4L2) source.
4. Select your USB HDMI capture device from the dropdown menu.
5. Add a new Audio Input Capture (PulseAudio) source.
6. Select the USB HDMI capture device that was enabled earlier in pavucontrol.
7. You should now have audio from your HDMI source.
1. In pavucontrol enable mono / stereo input under the configuration tab.
2. In OBS add a new Video Capture (V4L2) source.
3. Select your USB webcam from the dropdown menu.
4. Add a new Audio Input Capture (PulseAudio) source.
5. Select the USB webcam that was enabled earlier in pavucontrol.
6. You should now have audio from your webcam.