Stunt Rally 1.9 is out! The latest revision brings new tracks, easy (beginner) modes and more trees. It’s a bit crashy on our 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 test-bed and the “beginner” mode is still a bit trixy. A few slowdowns occurred with everything on 11 but FSM it looks nice. Check with the judge.
- 111 tracks (7 new)
- All tracks renewed
- 2 new sceneries: Autumn and Moss (mossy jungle)
- Easy (beginner) and Normal (simulation) modes
- Simulation fixes (Big changes):
- New Tires – more grip driving and more control when sliding
- Torque curve – fixed unrealistic behaviour at low rpm
- No control in air after jump (only by flip)
- Flip car speed and boost reduced
- Suspension – soft for terrain, hard in jumps and pipes
- Downforce – better handling at high speed
- Proper center of mass, more mass
- Car performance statistics on Gui (acceleration times, engine power etc.)
- New graphs in game (for torque curves, power, clutch, diffs)
- New grasses on all tracks
- New trees (generated with SnappyTree)
- Decreased shadows options – better Fps
- More trees 1,5x, grass range 2x
- Option for Impostors Only (low quality trees but fast smooth fps)
- Fixed black terrain issue on some cards
- Grass layers
- Surface combobox with presets (no changing all params)
- Alt-1,2 prev/next layer tab
- Fixed car start box, visible now
Guess that this is the best OSS racing game… Too bad PlayDeb/GetDeb is down and I can’t install it… (anybody have info on this?)
Just download the StuntRally-1.9-linux.tar.xz, extract it into a folder and run.
I want a clean system, not some unholy mess…
A folder containing a game =’s “unholy mess”? Interesting.
I am having a problem hosting a game on linux where I get 3 copies of my self and I cant start the game…
I would check the issue list http://code.google.com/p/vdrift-ogre/issues/list and see if others are having the problem.