Wildfire Games, an international group of volunteer game developers, proudly announces the release of “0 A.D. Alpha 13 Magadha”, the thirteenth alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source game of ancient warfare. This alpha features the Mauryan Indians, AI improvements, six new songs.
Top New Gameplay Features:
- All-new and unique Mauryan Indian civilization, including new units, from war elephants to Brahmin priests; and new buildings, reflecting this culture’s original architectural style.
- The default AI, Aegis bot, has been greatly improved, be it at defending, attacking, or building a strong economy. It now supports researching technologies and should work much more reliably than most other AIs before. (Known problem: Aegis now has some issues with saved games. Sorry, we hope to fix this in A14.)
- Aegis can now play at several different difficulty levels, so beginners can easily learn to play, and more experienced players can get more of a challenge.
- Attack/move command: If you select units and then Ctrl + right-click on a location, they will go to the location, but also stop to attack enemies they meet along the way.
Graphics and User Interface Improvements:
- Helpful messages appear when a building can’t be placed somewhere. (See screenshots below.)
- When you select a place to build a building, the building preview always shows the precise final variation that will be built.
- When some buildings are built, they now rise from the ground, and some also have lifelike scaffolds surrounding them.
- Tribute stats added to the summary screen.
- Players are notified when any tributes are given to them.
Music and Sound
- New Celtic songs: “Cisalpine Gaul” and “Celtica” (the latter featuring Jeff Willet’s percussion),
- New Hellenic song: “The Hellespont” (also featuring Jeff),
- Combat music featuring taiko drums “First Sighting” and “Elusive Predator” by Jeff.
- First Mauryan song: “Land Between the Two Seas.”
- New and improved animal sounds for lions, tigers and bears.