Your intrepid heroes scream at monitors, glitch through walls, and enjoy a game of Flappier Bird… in hell. Speedrunners From Hell faces the CHAIRQUISITION!
Wazzat: SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell is the world’s only competitive heavy metal first-person platformer. Slice every last millisecond as you race and blast your way through deadly arenas. Teleport, jump, fly and bounce in a hundred merciless and fast paced maps for the ultimate prize: Your soul! (… and beer).
Mandatory Disclosure: Devs Sent us keys
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Makes with the working
- I think it dropped below 200, once.
- It dropped to about 150-200 while I was recording with NVenc Lossless.
- Another Unity game which isn’t bottlenecked by the processor.
- Big kudos to the devs and to the Bard family for the work they keep putting in the engine!
Shiny / Sounds
- Looks like a slightly updated Q3 MOD… in hell.
- Evil Clipy was cute but making him red killed the humor Clipy was already the spawn of Satan.
- The soundtrack comes across as a kidz bop version of Metallica’s Black album.
- Uses the generic overmodulated demon voice filter for the demon audio.
- This guy would have got two chairs from me but for one reason:
- I’m a sucker for metal sountracks. Even if I can play “Name that riff” with most of the soundtrack”
- Curious to see what kind of plagiarism lawsuits emerge from the soundtrack
- The rest just looks and feels like quake. Not a bad thing, but it doesn’t get you points
- It really does look like someone took a Quake 3 arena, took out 90% of the floor and threw in a couple of power-ups to make sure you could still finish the level.
- Does the Devil Hand really need to take up almost a quarter of the screen?
- It’s a very good looking and well detailed hand… Hell, I wish my right hand looked like that.
- But does it have to be so distractingly big?
- There was background music but most of it was “Elevator Music of the Metal Kind” and the moment I got “in the zone”, it became negligible background noise.
- Your character likes to quip about acquiring the power ups or nailing a jump or whatever, but his vocabulary seems severely limited.
- Also, not entirely sure Lucifer would be the appropriate entity to be dropping random bits of internet meme-culture.
- Thankfully, the levels are short and the repetitiousness of the quips is kept down to minimum.
- What is wrong with your face jump?
- I’m not saying it’s broken but don’t give me a bunny hop levels when that mechanic is not spot on.
- No real issues here.
- Fucking flappy bird? Seriously?
- As much as the level design fucks with you, the controls are spot on.
- If you miss a jump, go back and try again because it was your fault.
- If you can’t seem to get a hold of the teleportation/gravity reversal thing, keep flailing until you’re through (it worked for me on a couple of levels).