1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. Aragami faces the CHAIRQUISITION!
Devel: Lince Works
Price: 19.99 / CDN 21.99
Wazzat: Aragami is a third person stealth game that casts you as an undead assassin with the power to control the shadows. Teleport to any shadow, become invisible, materialize weapons or even summon a shadow dragon to infiltrate the enemy ranks and dispose of your targets.
Mandatory Disclosure: The devs sent us keys
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Makes with the working
- 1. Ninjas are mammals.
- 2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
- 3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.
- Nicely multithreaded and often using 100% of the GPU.
- Seeing between 75-120 FERPS @ 1080.
- UHD /w the 980 knocks it down to the 30’s.
- This critter seems to enjoy AMD physical coreiness.
- J-man will get his revenge next week because Mad Max.
- Do not run this at UHD. With a 980, you’re averaging 25fps
- As of 17:35 Oct 14, an update they released causes the game to segfault
- There be a fix:http://steamcommunity.com/app/280160/
- The update did bring about some better performances, averaging above 70
- There must have been 2 updates while I was sleeping, because when I woke up after the update the game still worked just fine for me.
- At 1080p with the 1080 and the FX8370E overclocked at 4.2GHz, I don’t think it ever dipped below 90FerPS.
- It usually averages 130-140.
Shiny / Sounds
- Didn’t have to cut down the background noise because it’s not really thar.
- Budget Navi did ramble on a bit much for my taste.
- Really dig the Borderlands in Japan aesthetic.
- Animation rigging is well done just like the transitions.
- However, we all noticed that Mr. Ninja face already had a sword… when he picked up his sword.
- Very pretty game
- I’m a fan of the cell shaded aesthetic. I also like the main character’s design. He sort of reminds me of Raziel from Legacy of Kain, which makes me sad because we’re never going to see another one of those games
- The voice acting is kind of there, but I skipped past most of the cutscenes and conversation. I just couldn’t care
- This is yet another game which very clearly focuses on the aesthetics, sometimes at the expense of functionality… But more on that later.
- The girl who summons you looks… off. It’s like they’ve managed to figure out exactly how to represent the Uncanny Valley in a cell-shaded game.
- Commendable, yes, but I don’t think that was their intention.
- Thankfully, she’s mostly only present during “set pieces” and cutscenes.
- And something else I’m thankful for, the developers must have had the self-awareness necessary to evaluate their cutscenes because they even put in an achievement when you skip one the first time.
- But I’m getting sidetracked…
- The game looks very good, platinum blonde sorceress lady aside.
- The “Japanese” is kept to a minimum and drowned in several layers of synth to possibly mask the non-native japanese-ness of the voice actors.
- But, if I’m being honest, these are nitpicks and not particularly significant ones at that.
- I only tried this with the XClone because raisins.
- Everything was logically mapped OOTB.
- Aiming reticule was a bit oversensitive but it’s adjustable.
- Alright, that getting killed to death because waiting for animation thing is REAL.
- You spend 10min stealth noping everyone only to get noped by the last guy because Mr. Ninja face apparently FSM damn freezes until the alert animation finishes.
- That lead to a rage Alt+F4.
- Don’t play this game with the steam controller
- On the xbox controller, it’s fine
- I don’t like that you need to unlock the hiding of bodies. It hurts my MGS brain