Steam gets attacked! Star Citizen swaps engines, XCOM 2 supports AMD GPUs, and Lugaru opens all the source.
Colour key: Venn Jordan
- I’m more perturbed that Steam can be taken down by a bunch of script kiddies.
- Valve’s improved their security significantly, but it’s not at the forefront of their focus. Which I guess is haberdashery
- “Steam must now introduce a compliance program and place an notice in size 14 type on its Australia website informing consumers about their rights.”
- Nanny state much?
- I’m all for making people read what the fuck they sign, but 14 point seems excessive when the standard is 11 or 12
- Nanny state much?
- Like with all things VALVe don’t do shite until they are forced to.
- Wyrd 4 lyfe
- I’m not surprised people didn’t know this.
- Good ol VP. Just barely squaking by
- Remember kids, VP ports = jaaaanky.
Gonna give it to ya
- Now that ubuntu has a stable mesa PPA, y’all AMD graphics users get some out of the box support
- I tried playing xcom with the steam controller back in the day. Wouldn’t recommend trying with a plain ol xbox controller
- Good to see some patching being done on this. We don’t need any more unity abandonware
- I was about to give them shite about releasing DLC but turns out it’s priced to sell.
- They also added a hard mode.
Children of Orc
- The requirements are a bit odd. If you have an older-than-broadwell-sandybridge CPU, you can’t play this game
- If you’re on AMD, unless you have one of the last gen APUs or Zen, you’re fucked
- Nevermind, that’s AVX 2. Just need bulldozer or later. Sorry Empty
- The video player for Linux is not allowing players to view the intro video and so has been temporarily disabled.
- So it’s a feature?
- Turns out free-2-play wasn’t the future.
- Or VR.
- How about focusing on that Vulkan backend
- I suppose having ec2 backing your huge ambitious mmo isn’t a terrible idea
- Still, switching game engines in the middle of development is never really a good idea
- I wouldn’t exactly call this switching engines.
- Lumberyard is basically CryEngine /w built-in Twitch integration.
- Then again, Lumberyard will probably still be around at the end of 2017.
- And no, no amount of wishing will get this game ported to the Linux so calm, yo, tits.
- These motherfu*kers have not said a word about delivering a port.
- Now it includes the data files.
- Updated to SDL 2.
- I really enjoyed lugaru, so I’m glad to see the open sauce version getting some love
- Y’all got any of that overgrowth though?
- At this point they are just trolling for cookies.
- Should I bring up the point that their logo kind of looks like a jewish star?
Super Stonking Great Tits Cars
- Pedro was playing this a while ago with the devs and seemed to really like him
- So if you like his homerian epics at the end of the chairquisition, you might want to check it out
- The neo.gif here is that we do not entice people to become Pats.