It’s our one year anniversary! Microsoft kills old Skype, Olimex releases an open source laptop, and Kodi gets a makeover.
Colour key – Venn Pedro Mathieu Jordan
Positive in the freedom dimension
- I wonder who is the target market for such a device
- Can it still be called a laptop if it doesn’t have a SSD?
- Does this thing come with a fixie, PBR, and a pack of american Spirits?
- In all fairness if I was still in secondary I would probably be the kids /w one of these.
- $242 is almost in the buy one out of curiosity price range.
- Running an OS off of SD card flash makes Hard Drives look snappy by comparison.
- It’s funny how they avoid mentioning Linux at all cost, like it was some kind of disease.
- No mention about the sound quality either, it’s all about the cool cloud, nothing else matters.
- Part of me wants to believe they are planning to leave the service up until they sort the electron wrapped piece of nope.
- It would be really really nice if MS would loosen the restrictions on using the SILK CODEC.
- If all platforms are now using the webRTC version, this should in theory make it so everyone can go back to talking to each other regardless of OS.
- In theory… We’ll have to see how it actually does in March.
- What’s up with March this year? Everything is coming in March.
- Something something ncdu.
- It’s a shame that we don’t have a tool to visualize directory sizes shipped with almost every Linux distro. It could be named after a huge tree, like baobab. Oh wait… It does exist.
- I’m with Strider on this one.
- It seems to be a tech demo to show how cool flame graphs are but like flame shirts, I’m afraid they went out of fashion.
- The real question is why do they still use the NPAPI for Flash when they could be using the more modern PPAPI which works fine with Firefox.
- Look at it this way… if this affects any of your plugins, good.
- Stop using them.
- Why are you excluding Flash? Let that piece of junk die the awful death it deserves at this point.
- This is probably one of the best updates for kodi, it comes with an amazing new ui on the TV and on the web interface
- Also, that wasn’t mentioned in the release notes but it should be possible to control kodi with a standard gamepad, something that was not possible yet for some strange reason.
- I’m on the side of a judge… for once.
- I just hope this is the last time we hear about this ps3 Linux stuff.
- The people actually using otherOS (you know, actual scientists) will probably be smart enough not to run updates offered by the PSN.
- “the settlement agreement is not fair, reasonable, and adequate”
- You go girlfriend.
- Sony’s due for a proper kick in the shins after the crap they kept pulling around the PSP/PS3 era.
- Hello and welcome to Linuxgamecast weekly
- This is LWDW.
- However, one of the neat things about a Wed show is getting out the breaking news.
- Feral is still on fire, but after hitman and dirt, do they have other ports that we know of?
- It’s really nice to have another Hitman game on Linux.
- I was a bit worried when they announced DiRT since I called Hitman as the next one.
Slice of Pi
- At least it’s named after an Amiga game and has a Far Side comic
- Hi TSA!
- Translations, translations, translations!