Your intrepid heroes scream obscenities, fly off cliffs, and vibrate with joy. DiRT Rally faces the CHAIRQUISITION!
Game: DiRT Rally
Devel: Codemasters Racing Studio / Feral Interactive
Engine: EGO Engine 2.5
Price: €49.99 / US$ 59.99 / CDN$ 66.49
Wazzat: DiRT Rally is the most authentic and thrilling rally game ever made, road-tested over 80 million miles by the DiRT community. It perfectly captures that white knuckle feeling of racing on the edge as you hurtle along dangerous roads, knowing that one crash could irreparably harm your stage time.
Disclosure: Feral sent us keys
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Makes with the working
- The benchmark is full of LIES!11! …in a good way.
- Getting 35 on Ultra in the bench and 70/90 in-game ┐(´-｀)┌
- Splits all 8-cores at an even 50%
- I froze ONCE but that was not reproducible.
- I was salty during the stream for the whole curl thing. Cutting STEAM_RUNTIME_PREFER_HOST_LIBRARIES=0 when you launch steam lets you play it.
- Runs reasonably well otherwise
- Benchmarks shows 50FPS@UHD on Ultra, 55 on UHD w/High
- In game proper, it seems to keep all cores at 30-50%
- I spent a good 20 minutes fine tuning the settings for the benchmark and when I went in-game the Steam counter said it was doing about twice as many.
- I have a recurring freeze if I keep the Steam Overlay open in game for too long.
Shiny / Sounds
- Like GRiD, DiRT delivers the eye candy.
- Even at medium is more than a bit of alright.
- Fortunately I’m able to play it on Ultra at a solid 75 FERPS and it’s borderline jaw dropping… for a racing game.
- Car models are spot on and the rally tracks deliver plenty of new and exciting environments to gawk at.
- Sound sounds.
- Hell, I even kinda like Mr. shouty direction pants.
- Ees purdy
- The tracks look pretty damn, good, as do the cars
- Despite the fact that I have some british asshole screaming in my ear, I the co-driver’s voice prompts aren’t too bad
- Damn this is a good looking racing game.
- I mean, wow!
- And for once, I get to enjoy the Ultra graphics on a Feral port too, so bonus points there.
- There was no race music, but I guess that’s the point. And what a point.
- If you have a pair of reasonable headphones, you can hear the turbo kick in through the mud and rocks hitting the undercarriage.
- Codemasters made a damn aesthetically pleasing game.
- My Dreamcast Fishing Controller WAS NOT RECOGNIZED!
- SDL2 is best SDL.
- I drive with my arse.
- This is clearly meant to be played with a Wheel and I’m just not going down that rabbit hole.
- The Xclone contolla got the job done, just.
- You really do feel like you are trying to drive a car with a controller.
- I get the sense that this game really does require the Josh Walrus patented driving rig. Shame my other co-hosts don’t have supported racing wheels so they could comment on it