Your intrepid heroes recoil in horror, get good, and complain about the simulation (game) genre. F1 2017 faces the ChairQAsition!
Game: F1 2017
Webzone: f1 2017
Devel: Codemasters Birmingham / Feral Interactive
Price: £44.99 / US$59.99 / CA$66.49
Wazzat: F1 2017 gives the player unprecedented access to not only the on-track excitement of F1, but also the off-track dealings and vehicle development that goes along with it. Along with some stunning new locations and compelling characters to interact with, these enhancements all combine to provide the most complete experience in the world of F1 yet.
Mandatory Disclosure: Feral sent us keys
Makes with the working
- Aside from having to manually set my video card on every, single, start, no issues.
- Holding a solid 60 (with the occasional 50) @ 1080p with EVERYTHING on 11.
- Low to mid 50’s @ 1440p
- It’s full-metal 30s ville @ 2160p.
- Does seem to have the slightest bit of Vulkan herky-jerk.
- Got it to crash. Run it on 1080P ultra on a laptop
- Still a little borky on laptop hardware
Shiny / Sounds
- The human models in this game are horrifying.
- Also, anything that is not on the track looks like it was textured and rigged by an intern.
- That said it looks a lot like F1 2015.
- Everything has that slightly plastic look.
- Nothing wrong with that but they could really stand to up the visual realism.
- But at the end of the day (and what you’re here for) I did not notice a single graphical glitch during playtesting.
- I’m pretty sure they settled on one audience model and have just been reusing it for the past however many f1 games
- That said, the stuff you do care about IE: Tracks and cars look great
- I can finally play the game on turbo graphics and hold over 60 for the most part.
- Worked fine OOTB with the Steam controlla.
- I, guess it controls like a F1 car driven with a joystick?
- Right trigger accelerate, left trigger reverse. Pretty much all you need
- Before you spool up your ReEEEEeeEEeE drives hear me out.
- I’m not a fan of simulation games plain and simple.
- City building, driving, dictating, you name it.
- Why? It feels like I’m doing work and if I’m working I want to accomplish something.
- Also, I don’t have a racing setup and a good one would cost as much as the new studio.
- That said.
- I SUCK at this game.
- Seriously, 2+ hours doing laps in space-australia and the game is still telling me to get good.
- I tried a few one off races with predictable results.
- Even in the most extreme training wheels mode F1 2017 will skull FK you for blinking at the wrong time.
- Some people get a raging clue when presented with this level of realism, me? Not so much.
- I don’t follow F1 (I get it, just don’t follow it) so the career mode didn’t really add anything. BTW this season is almost over.
- With driving games (Distance, Mad Max, Rocket Cars) I require the ability to dick around because I find that fun.
- So if you are into the F1 you have already left a comment stating how WRONG I am but for the rest of you, hear this.
- If you are looking for a “”sim”” to dip your toe-organ in pick up Dirt Rally.
- Predictable, amirite?
- The fact remains, that I’ve never really seen the appealof f1 aside from as an excuse to get trashed with your friends
- I have no friends, and getting trashed makes me play even worse at this game, so you just lost two points there brad
- Once again, this seems to be a game purely targeted at f1 enthusiasts and people with driving wheels into simulations
- It’s like trying to peddle McNuggets to an anorexia meet. You’re marketing at the wrong people
- F1 2017 is better than F1 2015 but it still isn’t the F1 game that changed my mind about racing sims
- Much like Venn, I suck all manner of dangly bits at this game, which isn’t really something that affects my enjoyment of a game.
- It’s just that I can’t seem to enjoy F1 games at all.
- That said, I don’t think this is a bad game at all.
- The fact it uses Vulkan all the time and it shows by how smooth everything is, helps me recognize how good it is on a technical level.
- I just don’t find it fun.