Your intrepid heroes defy physics, press buttons, and get bored. Manipulated faces the CHAIRQUISITION!
Devel: Wolfray Entertainment
Price: 4.99 / CDN 5.49
Wazzat: Warning! This game does require an ability to think. Manipulated is a logical platformer that will change your consciousness and involve you in the world of puzzles.
Disclosure: They sent us keys.
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Makes with the working
- No major issues.
- Quick load times and smooth gameplay.
- However, your gerbil lock “safe area” is a bit janky.
- If I’m playing a game in fullscreen and you don’t lock my mouse cursor and I end up clicking on youtube videos I didn’t care to watch, you’re gonna get dinged a chair!
- Also, I do see why you’d want to limit the FerPS to 60 but how about you do it without VSync’ing?
- I don’t like tearing so I’ve taken many steps to ensure it doesn’t happen.
- Except, if a game can’t sync to VBlank properly, as is the case, it takes a lot of doing to get rid of the tearing.
- The only way I found to do it was to disable the game’s Fullscreen option, use KWin to force the game into a 1080p “fullscreen” window, and disable unredirection in compton.
- So that gets you dinged another chair.
Shiny / Sounds
- Simulating screen tear is a nice touch.
- It took me a hot second to figure out only parts of the screen were tearing.
- Straight up big-head hipster-pixel done right.
- Voice acting is done well enough.
- Well, minus Ms. Dana Scully on a budget.
- I want to believe whoever did that character was being intentionally bad.
- Welp, the clown segment sounded like an edited LGC Weekly.
- Does Google know you used their ring rang?
- It tried to nail 90’s adventure and it did just that, unapologetically.
- It definitely looks like a game out of that vintage
- The voice acting is decent, but sheriff Ned Flanders is making me want to choke a bitch
- They went full on retro with this one.
- I’m not entirely sure the different levels of audio compression in the different characters was intentional, to give it that extra feel of “old game”, but that’s definitely something I noticed.
- I also appreciated the 1×1 pixel specks of dust you collect. That too was a good call back to the olden times when you needed pixel perfect mouse skills to pick up certain items.
- All of the commands are sprinkled around the WASD area, nice.
- Outside of that it’s point-and-click.
- No rebindable controls in 2017 gets you nixed a Chair.
- The lack of escape button functionality is a bit annoying,but not enough to ding it a chair
- Why do you hate the Esc key?
- Why do I need to edit a freakin’ Unity-like prefs file to change the hotkeys?
- I was also going to point out how much of a dick move it was to not let you scroll your inventory with the mouse-wheel, but the April 4th update did add that functionality.