You intrepid heroes pull on strings, bounce off blades, and enjoy a twin-stick assault of nope. SpaceBOUND faces the CHAIRQUISITION!
Devel: Gravity Whale Games
Wazzat: spaceBOUND is a brutally challenging puzzle-platformer, set in a zero-gravity environment. Stranded and bound by their oxygen tether, two astronauts must work together to make it out alive. Go in alone, or team up and face the unknown.
Mandatory Disclosure: They sent us keys
Makes with the working
- Can’t make it to anything stupid and it runs @ 2160 without issue.
- You can make it crash by starting the game with two controllers plugged in and then unplugging one
Shiny / Sounds
- Funky ass-chiptunes
- I’m not impressed.
- The aesthetics here are bare and completely forgettable.
- I couldn’t tell you anything about the visuals other than they’re your standard batch of hipster pixel bullshit.
- The chiptunes didn’t have the same impact that the ones in Songbringer did.
- In fact, the moment I realized how annoying they sounded to me, I went to the options menu and nuked them.
- It’s a rage platformer so of course the controls are intentionally shite.
- A full twin-stick assault of nope.
- You control each critter with the precision of a fart.
- Anything I would complain about was intentionally built into the game.
- This game does the retrobooster low grav movement thing
- Each analog stick controls one of the dudes
- It’s hell
- I guess I do have to give them credit of setting the game around the floaty ass controls they have.
- You’re in 0-grav so movement is expected to be floaty.
- The problem is they combined that same floaty movement with the mechanics of one of those precision rage “platformers”.
- But more on that later.
- Floaty controls are still floaty, though.
- Super Meat Boyeee in spaaaaaace.
- And much like team meat spaceBOUND does fk and or all for me.
- I’m immune to rage games.
- It’s not that I particularly hate them it’s just that a video game is not going to make me lose my shite.
- Precision rage games literally do nothing for me
- I’m one of those in people who will totally get mad at a game and smash some stuff. So I gotta do my best to not snap
- I can appreciate that this sort of game resonates with some people, but I’m not and will never be one of them
- Multiplayer doesn’t help that much either. It just makes you mad at your partner
- No, I didn’t have fun with this game…
- In fact, I got so mad playing it I became physically ill and had to have a lie down.
- I hate rage games which are hard for hardness sake.
- I have over 140 hours in Dark Souls.
- Trust me when I say, I can tell when a game is being cynically hard for the sake of the very small number of completely insufferable people who like to brag about how good they are at videogames.
- I can hear your “Look who talking” spiel coming already, but I’ll only be seen as being good at video games when compared to Venn or Jordan.
- Back to spaceBOUND:
- The controls are floaty and you’re being asked to do some precision bullshit in terms of both movement and timing.
- That’s missing cynical, ventures past taking the piss and falls right into sickeningly vile territory.
- Dear spaceBOUND, go away.