Linux invades the Nintendo Switch! Unity gets a low graphics mode, Vulkan comes to KWin and Kdenlive releases a new beta. All this plus your emails.
Michael G (new router)
Orn (data noddle)
RTheren (co-host impaler)
A weekly dose of all thing Linux and open source with a slice of Pi for good measure.
Colour key – Venn Pedro
- “So, maybe there aren’t that many idiotic sysadmins after all.”
- Pfffft! I still get plenty of contract work.
- P.S. BOOGA BOOGA!
- I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed!
- In order for the “vulnerability” to work, you’d need root access to a shell (ssh or otherwise).
- That right there should be the first indication that the only vulnerability here is the same that every single system has, user/admin incompetence.
- Why would god need a starship Unity need a low graphic mode?
- That is not the DM you should be using if you need a low graphic mode.
- Oh look, a desktop app for Bitwarden is available for testing.
- And it’s Electron nope so it can DIAF.
- Nope is available as an appimage if you really hate yourself.
- Don’t make me Switch, please.
- SDL2 runs on it, KDE runs on it…
- It’s a Tegra tablet which got Linuxed, Nintendo branding or not.
- Unlike the shield (no, not that one) people actually bought the Switch en masse.
- According to earlier reports, they can’t patch it.
- The problem is in the SoC itself, meaning they’d need to a new hardware revision in order to issue a “patch”.
Vulkan compositing (eMpTy)
- effects/wobblywindows: Support VulkanCompositing
- Looks like a one person effort?
- Difficulty: having to use KDE.
- Talk about not realizing how much you use something until it’s gone.
- Neat idea but if you know how to set this up you know how to bypass it with ease.
- Could be a solid tool for teaching your kids how to bypass security.
- Chomper filters outgoing requests through a transparent proxy
- Allows for filtering requests at the URL level
Kdenlive Café tonight and beta AppImage
- Kdenlive 18.04 beta AppImage
- Still has issues with old projects
- Testers wanted.
- File > quit causes it to restart.
- It’s, well… dark.
- Will report back next week on how well it handled the show.
- Tried to do the CHAIRQUISITION with it… WOOF.
Slice of Pi