Firefox blocks Facebook, Telegram goes terminal and we recap SCALE 16X. All this, plus your emails!
Special thanks to:
Testus Maximus (latest patreon)
Betty (increased pledge)
A weekly dose of all thing Linux and open source with a slice of Pi for good measure.
Colour key – Venn Pedro Jill
- Ah, complete baseless speculation.
- Something’s very disturbing in the force . . .
- Happy 25th Red Hat!
- Do you know what else is ripe for a google takeover? Everything!
- The googs has all the money
- “Oh, but Red Hat is a major player in the cloud space and Google is always looking to bolster their position.”
- So is Dropbox, so is Microsoft, so is freakin’ Canonical (maybe less so than the other two).
- If I set up a NextCloud server and sell some spare space, will the Googs shower me with money?
- Google Mkt cap: 699.46B / Revenue US$110.85 billion (2017)
- Oracle Mkt cap: 185.26B / Revenue US$37.73 billion (2017)
- Every bit as good as Adobe’s Lightroom and have been using it for a long time
- Extra localizations, a heck of a lot more support for cameras and a few bugfixes.
- Namely, if you try to export a pdf with all the pictures, it shouldn’t crash anymore.
- I use the Authenticator Extension for Chrome/Foxfire but this is a nice alternative.
- Linux native 2FA if you’re afraid the Googs will suddenly give a damn about your adult browsing habits.
Snowball fight at my place!
- Microsoft’s continued venture into cloud infrastructure and to Azure all the things, wtih Google’s Kubernetes and Linux penguins in tow . . .
- MS is still working towards becoming a services company like big Blue.
- It’s probably too late, but you can isolate what Facebutts will track from your browsing history.
- This basically does what P-Badger does but only for FB.
- It will be nice not having to remember to log out of Facebook after each session
Look at this telegram
- Telegram in the Linux Cli using aalib makes me happy :-)
- It’s a CLI built in python…
- I commend this ARCH!!1! user’s self restraint on waiting until bullet point #2 to mention it.
- The next few years are going to be nasty.
- Flatpak will end up winning if for no other reason than Snap is perceived as Ubuntu tech.
That was still around… was…
- Eh, this is something your distro should sort.
- Distros nowadays give you the full up-to-date package for the Intel drivers.
- 15W and passively cooled.
- It’s a netbook without a battery or screen.
- It’s like a Chromebook, but useful.
- Doesn’t officially support android apps.
3D Wayland compositor (RTheren): “No window wobble:
- Will we ever escape the CUBE??!
Tower of Irony
- A company has the chutzpah to build a git client for Win/Mac only, when git was literally developed for the development of Linux. #triggered
- GIT off my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!
Slice of Pi
- Amiga Workbench on a RasPi with DietPi, the Amiberry emulator and classic hardware, awesome!
- Michael Fox–or you can just get the Vampire V2 accelerator bored and have an amiga running to modern standards [or the new Vampire V4]
- This is something I would do!
- Probably not with a Zero W if I could help it, but with a 3B+ instead.