Creating an image mask in OBS is relativity straightforward. Creating an image mask while retaining the original shot, not so much. Let’s take a look at how this works on Linux.
1. Start with an empty scene with your webcam as a source.
2. Create a new scene.
3. Copy the webcam source from the original scene.
4. Paste the webcam source into the new scene.
5. Create a transparent mask in the desired size and shape.
6. Right-click on the new scene and select Filters.
7. From the menu select Image Mask/Blend.
8. Browse to the location of you saved image mask and select it.
9. Change “Type” to Alpha Mask (Alpha Channel)
10. Add the masked video to other Scenes: Add > Scene > Round cam
11. You should now have a masked video source in the selected Scene.