From the BZFlag forums:
In preparation for the end of the Mayan calender we have released BZFlag version 2.4.2.
This is a very minor update with no major features. The primary goal for the release is to have a new package for the Debian maintainers to use in Debian and Ubuntu based Linux distributions.
Some of the features that are included are:
- Options chat on the left and radar on the right.
- Lagging and leading shot lines on radar.
- Support for Joystick hats in Linux, SDL, and Windows.
- UPnP setup option for servers that can be enabled at build time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPNP).
- Inclusion of the fairCTF, autoFlagReset, and FastMap plugins.
- BZadmin on windows has colors like the Linux one.
The full update list can be found in the ChangeLog that is included with the release.