Do you like old school deathmatch with modern features? How about rich, colorful, arcadelike atmospheres? How about…retro Sci Fi? Then you’re going to love what Alien Arena has in store for you! This game combines some of the very best aspects of such games as Quake III and Unreal Tournament and wraps them up with a retro alien theme, while adding tons of original ideas to make the game quite unique.
Key Features for 7.65
1. HD lightmaps.
2. Alpha and soft shadows in lightmaps
3. Major performance increases in bsp rendering.
4. IQM mesh animation now handled in GPU for major peformance gains.
5. Major optimizations in particle rendering.
6. New glass shader effects.
7. Fixed issues with ATI and shaders.
8. Player shadows now use only shadowmapping.
9. 4 sample PCF dithering for soft shadowmaps.
10. Improvements to water shader effects.
11. Cubemap shaders added for bsp and meshes.
12. Cull no-draw(caulking, etc) at map load.
1. TCA now best two out of three.
2. Fixed issue with Mind Eraser and team games.
3. Fixed issue with teleporters moving up when used.
4. Compensate for the disruptor zoom by reducing input sensitivity.
5. Weapon switching has been made significantly faster.
6. Fix hitboxes for crouched player models.
7. Ghost mode now works like other games: you see what the ghosted player sees.
8. Improvements to demo playback.
9. Fixed issues with weapon bob getting stuck.
1. New armor models.
2. New shaders for various weapon/item models.
3. Various player models received poly increases for smoothness.
4. HD lightmaps added for a variety of levels.
5. New menu shaders.
6. Documentation updated.