BioShock Infinite embraces the penguin! Steam enters the casting business, Broken Age: Act 2 gets delayed, and 4K gaming on my Linux? Then Dead Core faces our Chairquisition! All this, plus your hate mail.
The monitor in question
What be this moon tech?
- 4K MHL Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor
- DVI, MHL ,Display port, USB 3.0
- For EXACTLY tree fiddy
- 28″ 4K goodness
- USB 3.0 hub
- Ninja stand
- Epic colour for a TN panel
- Play some games in 4K /w a 770
- You need at minimum a 770
- You NEED DP 1.2
- Display port connector is fine until you rotate the monitor *POP*
- 2K is scaled
- 1K is native but will make your eye organs bleed after 4K
- No desktop scaling (would make P-man squint)
- Slight cursor ghoting on some colour schemes. Window movement is fine and no issues /w gaming because 2ms.
- 500 now? NOPE!
Steam News :
- Everyone thinks VALVe is trying to create a TWITCH competitor.
- Doesn’t really look like it. Twitch hosts all sorts of video streams, this seems to be specifically for gaming. More like a virtual couch
- Beats sharing your screen over skype
- These lot think ten years out and anyone predicting what they are up to is a complete moron.
- So, let me tell you what they are up to.
- Building / testing an infrastructure for streaming games. e.g. no downloads, you stream them into your face organ.
- Interesting hypothesis. Lines up with their existing streaming effort.
- Also, possibly an investment in to the social aspect of steam. Brings a spectator mode for even single player games
- What irks me about this is that, being VALVe the company that is pushing Linux, why does the penguin always get the short end of the stick?
- The exact same thing happened with the Home Streaming bits earlier, took’em almost 4 months to get that working in Linux.
- But I gave them a pass on that one, it was a new thing. No one else had done it before, so I get it.
- This?! This I don’t get.
- And perhaps, worse than that, is that this move makes that Slashdot comment from last month sound all the more likely.
Steam Machines, [ Almost ] One Year Later
- “I’m not sure anyone would want to go back to SteamOS with fewer games once they have tasted the full Windows catalog on Steam.”
- I get that it’s a “hey, wonder if I can cash in on this Linux thing” the blog but FFS pick a target audience.
- I was okay with this blog. Didn’t particularly make a point out of reading it, but the couple of articles I had read so far were alright. Boring, bland and as politically correct as they come, but not hypocritical to the point of laughability.
- Now I know this person, this Ekianjo, can eat a bag of dicks. (NTTAWWT)
- You shouldn’t be allowed to write about Linux gaming if you keep a Windows partition to go running back to whenever you want to play games.
Remember when I said buy a bundle because RAISINS?
- Sat through roommate playing this one. Visually stunning, but the story didn’t impress me all that much.
- Still, another 2K AAA title makes with the linux
- Not Asspyre and not Feral.
- (Somewhere at 2K) “Let’s make the repo public. That will really fk /w them!”
- Murder mercilessly as wave after wave of computer controlled idiots get mowed down by gunfire
- Or so they say. Pick it up on linux if you’re a fan of the pre-sequel
- I’ve logged 2hrs on a $60 game. Might skip the DLC.
- I’m soooo not okay /w this.
- These are kids /w a money tube and deservingly but ..raisins
- The project was funded in Nov 2012
- We’re two + years in and this (yeah, I know a lot of devels watch this show ..prepare to hate me) is why you need management.
- Don’t go Overgrowth with this. The game is baked and at this point you should have a month long early access for load testing and release.
- Pixelly Tokyo Jungle, a game where your one goal is to fuck bitches.
- “The Deer God is a 3D hipster pixel game that will challenge your hypocrisy and platforming skills. By 3D we mean it’s a 2D game in a sort of 3D environment, so we can justify to our families the student loans we incurred on the graphics designer course.”
Broken Age Act 2 delayed to early 2015
- Alright, now i’m getting a little worried.
- At the same time, do we want them to ship an unfinished product?
- They have no issues /w that
- Well I do
- Tim, I love you man, but you gotta get your shit together
- They have no issues /w that
- And of course, people in the comments are giving them crap and comparing this to SB:DF9
Flibit Needs your help!
- In short, because he has no visual acumen whatsoever, Flibit is looking for volunteers to work on an FNA site so that prospective and current developers have a nice thing to look at for documentation and marketing
- FNA is a fucking awesome project, so I implore anyone with web design skillz to at least get in contact with Ethan
Leadwerks Winter Games Tournament Kicks Off
- Will someone actually create a game on leadwerks that is actually worth playing? Tune in for the next episode of Dragonball Z
- Sad that the only engine /w a native Linux editor (minus UE4) has almost zero traction.
Quake Wine Launcher
- And nobody cares.
- Wait…no, you’re right
- Seriously, when support was dropped there was a collective “that was still around?”
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Game: Dead Core (pending on ass-pyre update)
Devel: 5-Bits Games
Price: $/€ 9.99
Wazzat: DeadCore is a Platformer-FPS blending exploration and speedrun.
Makes with the working
- Despite lacking the ever elusive (but recommended) “1go VRAM” the game ran without issue.
- hasn’t screwed up fullscreen yet
- Resolution selection doesn’t scroll properly
- You can tell it’s a Unity game because it attempted to fullscreen into both my monitors and failed miserably.
Shiny / Sounds
- No support for 4K? What is this? 2014?!
- I’ve had 4K goodness flowing through my eye pussies and into my brain meat since Monday.
- 1080 @ 28″ looks just cricket …until you’ve seen the megawesomeness that is 4K
- This is not a limitation of Unity, just a limitation of the French.
- It’s pretty for ze Unity. You can tell some time went into the texture organs.
- The sounds range from annoying to fk all, why are you even bothering?
- It’s certainly a cool looking game
- It appeals to my inner 14 year old in that regard
- The sounds are barely there though
- The graphics look alright. But again, Unity!
- And if they tried to look any more like Portal, I’m pretty sure Valve would have to get the lawyers involved.
- Nory took a look at it and immediately said it looked a lot like Portal.
- Starting the game while I was watching a YouTube video garbled up the sound worse than Fallout 3 on the Alsa plugin.
- The game also creates not one audio stream, but 2!
- The intro movies and gameplay volume is controlled on the FModEx stream, the menu sound effects and music are controlled in the DeadCore.x64 stream.
- Oh look! A 3-D platformer! Hope the controls are tight!
- Aaaah! Why is everything covered in Teflon? Seriously, how did you get Teflon in the AIR?! Monster.
- The controls work and by that I mean they fk mothering function.
- All of the movement in the game feels …I don’t know, slow? airy? fucked?
- You honestly expect people to speedrun this?
- The controls are really floaty. Kind of hard to tell when you’re on ground or not
- Allows for proper mouse sensitivity control
- Allows to rebind almost all keys, except the mouse ones.
- I like to bind the scroll wheel click to Jump. It wouldn’t let me.
- Control in the later levels with the sprint/dash become a matter of luck.
- Are you going to make it to that little floaty cube? Probably, but you’ll slide right out of it.
- First person platformer / shooter intended for speedruns with floaty, sloppy controls. The nope density is almost immeasurable.
- It’s certainly cool to look at and you kinda almost want to explore it
- I agree with Venn. The controls really do kill this one
- It doesn’t hold your hand
- Levels are HUGE!
- It is a first person platformer where you can’t see your feet.
- Need I say why that is a problem?
Final – speedrun hacks
It’s not about SkullGirls (for now)