Fedora 25 is out! System76 releases a new gaming laptop, NVIDIA forgets how to OpenGL, and we grill Ikey Doherty from the Solus Project.
Colour key – Venn Pedro Mathieu Jordan
- I knew something was up when Rocket Cars was having trouble maintaining 60.
- Lucky I haven’t updated the driver, I still haven’t re-enabled the Graphics Drivers PPA since the Yaketty upgrade which provides version 367 out of the box.
- Admittedly I had to push the 1080 a bit more for it to present itself but it is there, too.
- I have heard nothing but nightmare-fuel from people who have purchased their low-end lappys.
- This isn’t exactly low-end
- People who got mid and high end laptops seem pretty happy with them
- No info about battery life but when you get a laptop like that, the battery you’re looking for is “long enough to go from a power outlet to the next one”
- $7k is you want to go up to 9TB of SSD storage, blimey!
- The slowdown with 375 cards on 9X NVIDIA is real.
- There is not a word about NVidia and AMDGPU Pro compatibility with Wayland
- Yeah there is, those buggy drivers NVidia released supposedly bring you the option to do EGL in the standard NVidia config or the Vendor Neutral Dispatch.
- As for AMD, they might release it at some point in 2017. Assuming they’ll support Fedora now, because they never did with FGLRX.
Hillary eats babbys
- If you need an extension to sort fake stories I got some bad news for ya, son.
- It’s a neat proof of concept and they have done a good job
- But it’s something coming from a Hackaton, made by inexperienced students.
- While the idea is cool, don’t go install this and expect significant results. Again: proof of concept
AMD nopes stock
- So they knew even after the release of Zen things will soon tank.
- ZZzzzzzz. Oh what? Oh Stock trading and AMD? Ok… Zzzzzzzz….
- I see, sell while the stocks are lower so you have to pay less taxes.
- Because AMD never does anything shady, right?
- We shall switch next year.
- Did you just assume CPanel‽
- Seriously, what kind of tutorial is that? Who uses CPanel?
- I do have plans to release a tutorial for setting up Let’s Encrypt on a Nginx reverse proxy.
- “Here’s a tutorial to teach you how to add Let’s encrypt to your WordPress website”
“1. Open cPanel”
- I’m going to make a tutorial to teach people how to add Let’s Encrypt through Plesk, the first step will be to install Joomla!
Stable Antonio Lucio
- “aimed at power users”
- In what moon universe, exactly?
- You can change the background color, that’s what being a power user is all about
- That’s “power user” in the sense you can be a Windows power user without working at Microsoft.
- It syncs the background light generated by the Phillips Hue light strips, for the 2 people in world who use them.
- In all seriousness, this is nice. I have considered getting some of those light strips since I never turn on the lights around the house while I’m sitting in front of this PC.
- You also get Chromecast support, now.
- How many minutes of battery life can I expect?
- They say 9 hours
- What happened to the KDE tablet?
- I cringed after watching the first 3 seconds of the presentation video
- The base model at $200 is quite a good machine for that price, I would consider getting one to replace my old Nexus 7
- That is, if they make it to their goal. And with their target audience, I doubt they will.
- They could have created an openSUSE tablet without marketing it to geeks
- “First true Linux x86_64 tablet” – Alright, that looks interesting!
- “Our plan now is to bring to the world market a tablet specifically designed and tailored for the openSUSE Leap operating system” – Alright, that LOOKED interesting.
Hasta la vista
- Just earlier this week I was saying that Terminator was crashy and seemed unmaintained.
- How did you manage to “Mir” Terminator?
- Which made me switch to Terminix, a similar terminal emulator.
- A less than a day after, Terminator 1.0 gets released!
- This is the last release with GTK2 support and a release with GTK3 will follow soon.
- A few hours after 1.0 release, version 1.90 was also released which is the same thing but GTK3 based.
Slice of Pi
- Up to 30km/h and at least a 10 km range which is quite good!
- Hope the battery doesn’t catch on fire like those hoverboards
- My dryer was made before I was reanimated summoned born.
- I just set a timer for 45 minutes. Cheaper and simpler.
- That’s nice, knowing that there are some projects and modules that won’t work with a Pi 3 out of the box.
- Woohoo, I’m a click admin \o/
- No, they see Linux as a system usable for cloud computing and containers. I makes more sense for MS to adapt their software to Linux rather than adapt Windows for the cloud and containers (which seems unlikely to ever happen).
- Microsoft doesn’t care about Linux on the desktop, the only reason we got VS Code and Skype is because they’re Electron apps and Electron apps are cross platform by default.