Starr Mazer: DSP returns to Steam! OpenGL multithreading comes to Mesa, ioquake3 gets a cross-platform auto-updater, and you can finally play Persona 5 on Linux. Then StarCrawlers faces the CHAIRQUISITION! All this, plus your hate mail.
Colour key: Venn Jordan Empty
- Hot, steamy joystick plugging
- “If 4 controllers are connected while Streaming and a local controller is available, if a remote controller is disconnected, the local controller will seamlessly drop into that slot when used.”
- That’s a seriously specific use case, and the way they word it doesn’t help matters
- If you were wondering why the hardware was being sold off below cost.
- Makes sense. The link itself is pretty dinky. There is comparable hardware shipping in most TVs these days anyways
- Now all you gotta do is worry about your TV telling samsung what games you’re playing
- I’d wager the hardware in most modern TVs is signifigantly more powerful than the Link
- All that thing could do was decode a video stream
- It’s strange, but not that weird
- The last Update to half life was back in 2013. A little after they finished adding linux support
- NOW WITH VULKAN SUPPORT
- Glad to see it back after the Alex Mauer meltdown.
- Wonder if they had to swap out the soundtrack.
- Aka the “I have no friends” update
- Still have to do the force full screen thingy.
- …wait, it was multiplayer ONLY…?
- This critter has been in “Alpha” since 2013… just saying.
- Smells like Unity and requires TBA OS.
- Build your planets. So far that seems to be it
- WHAR SCREAMING SUN DLC?
- It used the Jedi game engine so if true, expect DOSBoxen.
- Nothing wrong with that IMO
- The open source engine reimplementation “XL Engine” seems to be Windows only, and dead in the water…
- Ah, super dark themed pixel shooters where you can’t tell the backgrounds from the enemies
- At least the linux demo comes in a .tar.gz
- …and it doesn’t work
- It’s not just a demo, it’s a beta test!
- Should theoretically increase performance on cpu bound games
- Since this is.similar to GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS they’ll require you to explicitly whitelist games
- Would be nice if they just had an environment variable you could set.
- Several new extensions and some performance improvements.
- A couple of the new extensions have win32 suffixes
- For those of you wondering when you’ll get TW3 on linux, this release of WINE’ll have do for you
- This also seems to sort all the things the official release borked.
Speaking of emulation
- Oh man, the weeaboos are gonna be so happy!
- The progress of this project continues to just astound me
- The changes aren’t in mainline release, but still
- Interesting about the threads…
- Looks like the IOQuake guys pulled a strider and “borrowed” ickybutts’ code
- Ickybutts wrote it for IOQuake
- …still not live…
- Looks really good for an HTML5 game
- “Our goal is to make the be available worldwide before the end of 2018.”
- They also have no plans for a beta period at this time.
Devel: Juggernaut Games
Wazzat: StarCrawlers is a modern take on a classic cRPG dungeon crawler set in a gritty spacepunk universe. Build a crew of renegade adventurers on the fringes of space, taking jobs from megacorps to hunt bounties, sabotage rivals and conduct corporate espionage.
Mandatory Disclosure: They provided keys.
Makes with the working
- Even the NVME drive can’t stop the unity bluescreen of nope!
- That blue screen sure takes its time…
Shiny / Sounds
- Uuuuuuuuuuuugh this thing does the one move at a time business.
- Yeah, everything else works but F U for doing that.