You intrepid heroes locate a choke-point, attempt to save, and poke our suggestion sticks. Serious Sam’s Bogus Detour faces the CHAIRQUISITION!
Game: Serious Sam’s Bogus Detour
Devel: Crackshell / Croteam
Engine: C++ and AngelScript based
Price: £10.99 / US$/€ 14.99 / CDN$ 16.99
Wazzat: Battle through beautiful Mediterranean locales, dangerous biological weapons labs and even high-tech moon bases as a one-man wrecking crew or in four-player online cooperative for maximum chaos! Dominate the chaotic Survival and Versus modes or make your own mods, modes, and even total conversions with the include game editor. Serious Sam’s Bogus Detour is the biggest little Serious Sam game ever made!
Mandatory Disclosure: Venn bought us keys
Makes with the working
- Everything worked OOTB.
- Didn’t include a Vulkan render.
- Apparently hitting “restart” wipes your damn save and takes you to the beginning.
- Crashes on exit. XFCE and mate catch it, but you might need to kill -9 it
Shiny / Sounds
- It looks the part.
- The background music became hella annoying after a few minutes.
- This would totally get two chairs if it wasn’t for the mellifluous voice of mister sam stone
- Going at it the other way, the single reason it doesn’t get 4 chairs is precisely because of the bullshit hipster pixels.
- Hipster pixel had lost its charm 2014, it certainly hasn’t come back around, yet.
- Not for me, anyway.
- Controller support must have been an afterthought.
- I’m playing it with the Xclone because this is 100% a couch game.
- Yeah, it’s rubbish.
- Using the gerbil after that felt like I was cheating.
- You’d think this game would play well with a controller, but you’d be a bit wrong
- Wasd + mouse is the way to go what with you getting surrounded all the time