Your intrepid heroes repel the earth, fly in circles, and and attempt to navigate a bewildering user interface. Heliborne faces the ChairQAsition!
Webzone: Jetcat Games
Price: £15.49 / US$ 19.99 / CA$ 22.79
Wazzat: Get behind the cockpits of the best helicopters in the world – from the classic machines of the 1950s to the modern gunships of the 21st century. Play missions with your friends and compete with players from all around the world in various multiplayer modes!
Mandatory Disclosure: The devs sent us keys.
Makes with the working
- I’m assuming you could, in fact, run this on a calculator or low end mobile device.
- Unity bloop of noop
- Holy shader compile times batman!
Shiny / Sounds
- Yeah, the choppa models look fine but that’s about it.
- The terrain is bog standard.
- There is an attempt at having a fitting background track but it gets old with a quickness.
- Mute the sounds and put on either “you spin me right round” or hatredcopter. Cuz you’re gonna get bored of the guitar noodleing fast
- Visually this game is pretty meh
- Da choppas definitely look like their historical counterparts, but you’re not doing anything fantastic in the looks department
- Even at the highest settings, the pop in is very much still there
- The soldier animations when you land to drop some off or pick some up, look so bad!
- The sounds are rather meh, too.
- It works, but aesthetically speaking it’s nothing to write home about.
- Standard WASD + gerbil nothing to complain about.
- Using (or attempting to) the Areola conrolla is a fkn nightmare.
- Do not play this witha controller. No sir. You’ll have a good time
- Gotta manage tilt, pitch and yaw like a regular ass helicopter
- Game doesn’t care where your rotors are.
- In simple control mode, the mouse and keyboard do actually let you control the game reasonably well.
- It takes a little getting used to but it is just a little.
- After a few minutes you’re already feeling like you’re actually in control, even you still end up crashing to the side of a mountain on occasion.