webOS goes open source! KDE Connect gets good, Firefox acknowledges a nine year old bug and Ubuntu release an image… for ants! All this, plus your emails!
Special thanks to:
Timm (paypal donation)
RTheren (Monitor stand from our wishzone)
A weekly dose of all thing Linux and open source with a slice of Pi for good measure.
Colour key – Venn Pedro
- We should host a minimal 2 (insert game here) challenge.
- Bionic minimal images have been shrunk by 10%, down to just 28MB
- And, as if I wasn’t dependent enough on KDE connect, remote keyboard!
- Bring me some Synergy like control over Android and let me use my PC mouse/keyboard to navigate my phone/tablet/chromebook and I’ll forever be a KDE fanboy!
- Also, allowing me to use my headset and microphone to listen to stuff from my phone or talk to people would be awesome!
- It’s Debian with LXDE… I don’t… wha-?
- Pi, more like WHY?
- Is this wicked extra light or something?
- All of a sudden I have this sinking feeling in my stomach.
- Like when you learn the rsync service creating backups of that one server you manage for a friend crashed like 3 months ago and you only just found out.
- What in the actual F, Firefox?
- Wladimir Palant, the author of the AdBlock Plus extension, says the encryption scheme used by the master password feature is weak and can be easily brute-forced.
- This be fixed with the launch of Firefox’s new password manager component —currently codenamed Lockbox and available as an extension.
- webOS will reign once more!
- AKA last ditch effort @ adoption
- There’s a reason it failed the first time
- I have a $100 Touchpad somewhere.
- Mostly Apache 2.0
Oh, yes! Moar of this, please!
- All the client side applications for the PIA VPN are going to become open sauce over the next few months.
- Stands to reason they wouldn’t be able to open sauce the backend without basically running themselves out of business.
- They’re also doing a $2.20/month price if you sub for 2 years
- That’s just under $53 if you’re wondering… for 2 years of VPN with unlimited traffic and 5 devices!
- Remember kids, if you are not paying for the VPN you are the product.
- Are the turbo organic farmers going to be able to know what the hell a docker is and how to use it?
- GardenHub is building technology to enable gardeners to collaborate and act upon what’s growing, ripening, and available for harvest in their gardens.
- Really really good idea BUT.
- I’m overgeneralizing here but the Me diagram of people who garden and people who know what the heck a github is… yeah, that.
- Right now this is more geared toward the enterprise and people running heavy duty CAD applications.
- I’m sure ray-tracing and path-tracing will be feasible and rammed into our eye holes in the future of vidjagames, but that’s not this podcast’s job to report on.
- I’m glad to see AMD has a Vulkan solution after NVIDIA rolled out their DX business.
- This has been a promised unicorn since I drew my first triangle… using GLIDE.
- Well, it works.
- Don’t recommend it.
Slice of Pi
Wub is mainstream
- I’m not entirely sure getting prodded by the GPIO pins the whole time is comfortable.