Your intrepid heroes revisit Oddworld, enjoy the eye candy, and provide much-needed QA.
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Game: Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
Devel: Just Add Water
Wazzat: Built from scratch from the ground up, enjoy breathtaking visuals, enhanced audio and improved, deeper gameplay as New ‘n’ Tasty reignites the original Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee using the latest next-generation technology Unity.
Makes with the working
- Everything worked OOTB on day one.
- Granted, nothing worked quite right but it was still playable.
- when I first started Oddworld up after install I had a black screen with sound. So I ALT-F4 my way out started it up again and bam worked. I could only duplicate it every time I restarted za rig.
Shiny / Sounds
- Despite being built /w Unity this this is pure eye candy.
- Seriously, everything is boiling over /w detail.
- Now keep in mind I’m viewing it @ 4K /w everything on 11.
- Why are the cutscenes busted?
- That is supposed to be a little reward for finishing a zone.
- I find myself skipping them and possibly missing part of the story.
- They play just fine /w VLC
- The sounds won me over when I pulled a lever and sliced up a baddy …Abe giggled.
- Good ol’ unity shadows
- However, it does look pretty good for a unity game. Usually you accomplish this by using none of their stock assets
- The voice acting is decent too
- Unity! Don’t get me wrong the game looks great, now that the graphics have been updated, Unity?! COME ON!
- Fun fact: the game was originally was being built with Unigine but they changed to Unity as a lot of the editor commands the were making from scratch were already pre-built in Unity.
- I remember now why I disliked the Oddworld series, ABE. I loath his voice so much.
- Before the patch the controller “worked” but you had to figure out where the buttons were mapped.
- The first patch added a xinput option so now they buttons are mapped correctly.
- You can also adjust the deadzone but I never had that issue.
- However this means fk, and, all! I can’t chant babe!
- Mix that /w half the verbal commands missing
- Game breaking bugs? Yeah, I think so.
- Aiming is fucking awful in this game.
- Some of the talk and chant commands don’t work on the xbox controller
- Speaking of which, you actually have to go into the option and select xinput for your 360 controller to work. Now, I know we know, but other people may not put two and two together
- The has an annoying delay, but it makes sense given thats how people usually jump
- running works when the game feels like it
- I found the controls rather delayed and had to time them just right to account for that delay after input.
- When switched to Direct Input on my Logitech F710, forget about it. You pretty much have to configure bindings to the Xclone setup. Otherwise you’re guessing.
- Like Hodan (get it, Hodor and Jordan? fuck you guys.) said, The up and down chant commands did not work for me only left and right.
- Until they fix my ability to chant and issue proper verbal commands I’m not putting another minute into it.
- I was having a good time until I hit that massive cockup.
- *If it gets fixed I would give it 3 chairs but until then
- Someone didn’t qa this fucker
- The puzzles are alright, but it’s very much trial and error
- Seriously though. How are you supposed to be able to be the saviour if YOU CAN’T FUCKING COMMUNICATE
- Not going to lie, ok maybe I will. Controls really pissed me off. Especially when this game is also planned for console’s in the very very near future. It’s great that they make an effort to show a xclone controller for what buttons do what. But not everyone has that and for those that use PS3 or PS4 controllers Which this game is coming out to you would think they would add support for those as well.
- Everything else I had not issues with. Story was great and music was wonderful, Abe is still my favorite moron. This is a great visual remake of Abe’s Oddysee, Butt funk those controls