GoatZ is out! Cryengine gets an update, GOG releases a Steam competitor, and Black Mesa teases the Penguin. Then GoatZ faces our CHAIRQUISITION! All this, plus your hate mail.
Support us on Patreon: patreon/linuxgamecast
Colour key: Venn Jordan Pedro
We are the 0.94%
- I’ve seen ONE survey and that was when I installed Steamy WINE.
- I usually get one every couple of months
- Quit bragging
- I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the furious typing of my filling out the umpteenth steam hardware survey
- Quit bragging
- I usually get one every couple of months
- 0.94% of 125 million active accounts is still 1.175 million.
- I don’t know about you, but if you look at it this way, the number of Linux users on Steam is actually increasing.
- There were also a whole whack of high profile windows games that dropped last month. Could be a contributing factor
Black Mesa in the works for Linux
- Much in the same way that the Stanley Parable for linux is “in the works”
- Being a pretty big asshole myself, I have my doubts the StPa guy was actually harassed by Linux users.
- I’m kinda team HTH is this Early Access after five years.
- Get paid and all but ..Early Access?
- Promises, promises…
After six years of development they are switching engines.
- Now in all fairness the latest weekly update said
- “David is starting to lean more towards using his own engine instead of Unreal Engine 4 after all”
- This makes me a sad panda. It would really help with our DN4E analogy.
- I have completely lost all hope for this game. I really liked Lugaru, but this perpetual early access shite has lost me. I’m done. Good day sir!
- That’s been me for all games that were already supposed to be out and never are.
- From the “click export and never update it” team that brought us Flesh Out.
- If it weren’t for the black and blue backdrop, looking at those screenshots, I could swear I was on the Play Store.
- Big thanks to Kuba, from Jujubee for sending us keys.
- Worst case scenario, we’ll be throwing chairs at it next week.
- It’s magical Megaman Battle Network
World of Guns: Gun Disassembly
- So it’s universe simulator for gun nuts. Huh
- Not so much of a game, more of a collection of 3d gun models
- I like things like this since you never know when you will be in a situation where breaking down a gun will be needed.
- Same reason I memorized the startup and takeoff sequence for the A-10 Thunderbolt II.
- Baaa means zombies!
- “GOG Galaxy Client requires Mac OS X 10.8 or newer. Also available for Windows and soon for Linux.”
- It’s a fantastic way to install your wine games. Strider better watch out!
- The wording on this one pisses me off!
- “9. Will you release a Linux version of GOG Galaxy?
- A Linux version of our client is planned eventually, but we don’t have an expected release date right now. Stay tuned for future announcements!”
- *grabs bullhorn* HEY, STAR CITIZEN!
- They’re not giving a release date, just a cryptic “It’s coming”
- Also, support is limited to the launcher. A bunch of the game making tools still require windows, a-la unity
- Yeah but I can sense an internal fire to get this shite working.
- You still need a subscription for Cryengine and it doesn’t export to shite.
- “you can start planning your Linux ports today!” How, exactly?
- That’s exactly it! Start planning to think about having a linux port
- Well, if it is like Unity not having a native Linux editor won’t be much of problem.
- We’ll be seeing more shitty CryEngine games coming out on Early Access and perhaps someone like InXile or darkForge Games can whip out some proper games with it for Linux.
- HTC Vive Support, depth of field improvements, optimized grass rendering
- Lots of improvements to existing features
- Still can’t compile it for the xbone though
- Motion Blur improved to be more realistic.
- I’m sorry to inform you but, in real life, contact lenses don’t pop out of your eyes the moment you start running.
- So until I see a game use it properly, it’ll be staying off.
- I did like the Optimization bit, that’s something I’m sure Unity never worried about!
- Is this why they rushed Raven’s Cry out of the door in such a state?
- They rushed it out the door because the publisher cut the funding when they saw it.
- And now the dev is saying Eurogamer has “stupid editors” that don’t do research because they’re reporting on them going bankrupt.
- Because apparently it’s not closing: http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/08/ravens-cry-two-worlds-developer-reality-pump-shuttered-report/
- Apparently the developers are alive enough to be planning a Two Worlds 2 port. Maybe they’re just reporting from an alternate reality
- They’ve also included the unity 5-sauce. This is a really cool move, and I wish more developers would do shit like this.
- The best way to ensure lifelong fans is to give them free shit
- I think branching out and stop calling themselves Obsidian was a good move for Mr. Fargo and Co.
- Another MOBA for the SE Asian market. Because they really need MORE people dying in internet cafés playing MOBAs.
- Well, as long as they keep putting out a linux client, we’ll be rooting for them.
A shitty Karen Gillan Movie is coming out in Q1 2016 (via Empty)
- This is just the press release. They don’t include any info on specs.
- And now we sit back and watch the back and forth from Valve and Facebutts
- Valve has been on the ball with this one, but it seems Facebook was holding out on news until they could announce a release.
You can fly Sky Lynx!
- Someone tell Dick T.!
- He apparently ran into issues with X-Plane and was venting on G+ the other day.
- I just wanna go full-metal Columbia over Texas.
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Devel: Gone North Games || Coffee Stain Studios
Engine: Unreal Engine 3
Wazzat: That’s right – you’ve found the ONLY SURVIVAL GAME ON STEAM that is NOT in Early Access!*
You no longer have to fantasize about being a zombie goat in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, your dreams have finally come true!
*not totally sure if this is even true, to be honest we didn’t bother to look it up. But it’s still pretty funny, right?
Makes with the working
- It runs like GoatSimulator on Linux. Passable, not good.
- I’ve had two spite crashes.
- At first I cranked everything up to 11 at 4K. And then I quickly remembered, oh shit, this game is not optimized at ALL.
- Sometimes you’ll do something the engine can’t handle and it nopes, going all of 8 FPS at 1080P on a 980
- Is it just me or did Loading times get longer?
Shiny / Sounds
- So, much, pop, in.
- Same old graphical artifacting.
- It used to be colorful fun havok, now it’s dark brown post-apocalyptic with little to no charm.
- But, that’s a personal issue, it’s still Goat Stimulator and everything works as well as you can expect.
- Alright, let’s face facts. The survival game is complete rubbish.
- Having to eat every 20sec (while adding a sense of urgency) spoils the fun.
- Crafting ..exists.
- BUT being able to play pre-outbreak in a new city makes up for everything.
- The Heisenberg challenge sold it for me.
- It’s always fun to wreak havoc in a new city
- It’s still delightfully busted. I murdered and infected a glitch after I got stuck in a secret mountain room.
- It’s more goat simulator. What are you actually expecting?
- For what it’s worth, the survival mode
- Morgan’s Maxim goes: “Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook!”
- For the unwashed masses out there, what I’m trying to say is, you can only parody something to the point where you become exactly what you’re parodying.
- The MMO Sim thing got away with it because it was very clearly over the top parody.
- This… This just looks like yet another survival element-ridden, early access, Unity survival game.
- I get that is the point
- But it’s not parody anymore when you meet all the requirements to be labeled as the thing you’re trying to parody.
- I’ve already given him the business directly, but allow me to elaborate.
- Do you know why the WINEHQ hates PoL?
- Because PoL is a free alternative to and, some may argue, just as competent as Codeweavers’ CrossOver.
- CrossOver profits revert back in the favor of the WINEHQ, PoL doesn’t charge people so they don’t get anything out of it.
- When POL first came out I kinda ignored it since winetricks worked infinitely better.
- Then they tried that whole port-my-game shite that crashed and burned.
- CrossOver actively promotes a “porting” service so you can’t fault them for trying.