This week your intrepid heroes shoot blocks, build defenses, and suffer LAG. Blockstorm faces the CHAIRQUISITION!
Price: US$/€ 6.99 – CDN$ 7.79
Wazzat: Blockstorm is a First Person Shooter set in a world made of destructible blocks. All maps and characters included in the game are made with the same tools that are available to the public. You can build everything in Blockstorm, and you can destroy it.
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Makes with the working
- 60 FERPS 4K
- It does the “I forgot the resolution” thing.
- It can not handle LAG! Don’t even think about joining a server /w a 200 ping.
- It ran much better after shutting down Steam overlay.
- It did run it 1080 got my 48~52 ferps with the overlay on.
Shiny / Sounds
- It looks like a Minecraft FPS done in Unity.
- I’m not saying it’s beauty-sauce, but at no point did they attempted to oversell what it is.
- This game is fuuuuuuuuugly
- I mean, it looks like an uglier minecraft
- Sound doesn’t seem to want to work
- It’s probably a good thing the music doesn’t play in-game. Or bad, because it would make me go postal.
- They’ve made the voxels on characters and guns smaller, but not small enough to… say… fit 1 to 8 million of them in a 20-something inch display.
- But, I suppose, at that point they’d just have to call them pixels
- Nothing really stands out in terms of looks in this MFPS.
- The maps sound effects based on where you are from the source was awesome.
- I am happy this was not Unity re-pack-resources in the game.
- Works like a standard WASD shooter minus Sift =’s walk.
- While P-man will bitch about the sniper rifle I find it a good thing.
- If it didn’t, the weapon would be hella overpowered.
- The controls are pretty floaty
- The building in this is pretty lame
- Can’t really give it 1 because the controls do work and you can rebind them
- I will give it the lowest possible score I can, though, because these are some floaty-as-fuck controls
- Go ahead and attempt to aim that sniper rifle while scoped-in, I dare you!
- I’m used to tight FPS controls, namely Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
- Where your character stops moving the moment you stop touching the controls.
- In Blockstorm, if you move the mouse to the side there’ll still be a bit of movement after you’ve stopped. If you stop moving because you’re about to slip out of the map, chances are your character will still skid past the ledge and you will die.
- I pulled out the old Drito5000 controller (A.K.A Logitech F710) ran fine with no problems, as well bonus point for remapping.
- Unlike major league Pedro I enjoyed the controls and how quick weapon changes are with the scroll wheel.
- Shift = sneak*Buzzer*? Shift = Run *DING!* Crtl= Sneak
- Most of the DM maps are hella big even with ⅚ players.
- Building defenses in CTF is fun.
- That said, a 5min prep time for CTF would be nice and while you’re at it throw in a locked class system.
- I hate playing FPSes with randos.
- The minecraft aspect of it is fairly useless
- Plus it’s an eyesore
- Sparse maps, nigh-on zero feedback as to whether or not you’re hitting the person you’re aiming for, floaty controls and not very good graphics.
- It’s not breaking the bank at 6.99 but still…
- Maps are big and do take away from blowing each other off…… AWAY!
- CTF SOOOOO much fun with this minecrafty build defenses or dig to the flag.
- The need to a gameplay mode like zombies or tag mode.