Dota 2 Reborn is LIVE! SteamOS goes mobile, American Truck Sim Blends, and DX11 comes to WINE. Then MadOut faces our CHAIRQUISITION! All this, plus your hate mail.
Support us on Patreon: Patreon/linuxgamecast
Steam News :
Colour Key: Venn Jordan Mathieu
- On the second boot of the installation process, AMD systems will display an “Oh No! Something has gone wrong” screen. Leave it alone and installation will continue normally.
* Desktop mode on AMD systems does not work, you will just get an “Oh No! Something has gone wrong” screen.
- If the upgrade also affects the steam runtime, it could break some games that were built for the Ubuntu 12.04 runtime (shitty glibc / libstdc++ backward compatibility)
Deal with it, cupcake
- The root of all scams is this, GREED.
- If someone is offering you an amazeballs deal that’s too good to true …it is.
- You can hear the soap being rubbed in between GabeN’s hands as he washes them of any responsibility from here on in, regarding scams.
- Smach is just a terrible name for a product. Geez. Someone deserves a smach upside the head
- I wonder if it’ll compete with the sega gamegear for worst battery life
- My Turbo Expres would like a word.
- AMD embedded G-Series SoC “Steppe Eagle” with Jaguar-based CPU and GCN-based Radeon graphics
- This inspires so much confidence, I think I’m gonna poop
- It’s totally running steamos you guys! Right? Guys?
- “GCN-based Radeon graphics” means fuck and all under Linux.
- The whole Jaguar based CPU would be interesting, if they managed to squeeze a console APU onto a handheld.
- 8-core x86 PC in an elongated PSP form-factor? Yes, please!
- It’s probably gonna be a laptop APU at best. Otherwise it’d need to be the size of a football field to contain all the AA batteries required to power it
- The only interesting bit is the integrated areolas.
- “Over 1,000 games would be playable at launch, including […] BioShock Infinite” yeah, right
- 2.0? Guess we will never get another major version upgrade.
- So really they just brought it inline with the current steam aesthetic and fixed some battery draining issue.
- Material design FTW!
- At least they’re updating it. It’s been the same pointless, battery draining crap since release.
DOTA2 Beta (Source 2)
- Hope you like fullscreen windowed mode.
- Sure beats legacy fullscreen where you couldn’t alt-tab or change the sound volume
- It runs at a steady 60FERPS @ 4K 3850×2160 with everything on 11.
- ^ Disable V-Sync to benchmark your FPS
- Runs at 180FPS @ 1080p on the GTX 970
- Game mechanics tutorial grayed out
Portal Stories: Mel
- It’s BORING
- Haven’t they heard about this thing called “testing”?
- I might write a Lutris installer to fix the launch problem but it will probably get patched anyway.
- A good challenge for those who have finished the 2 portal games
- Geez, there is a lot of loading screens in this fucking game
Na na na na na na na na RE-FUNDS
- Oh shitesnaps http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-24-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/575332#U575332
- Removing The Goddamn Batman: Arkham Knight from Steam was genius!
- It will effectively stop refund requests. Now people have something made of exclusive sauce.
- Steam refunds are the SOLE reason, they’ve actually pulled it.
- If the refunds weren’t in place, they wouldn’t have pulled it! They would have kept selling this busted ass game.
- For once I’m GLAD we’re getting something late.
- Yup, nothing like having Winbros slog through the first batch of release issues
- I like how they upped the System REQs at the last minute.
- They also removed the Harley Quinn pre-order bonus for people who got the game with a 970 or a 980 a few hours before launch.
- Damn. Now how am I supposed to pretend to be a sexy clown lady voiced by Tara Strong?
- They also removed the Harley Quinn pre-order bonus for people who got the game with a 970 or a 980 a few hours before launch.
- I’m curious if feral will lock it at 30 FPS for Linux as well. I really hope not.
- So there is hope that feral fixes rocksteady’s shit
- Shite like this is why people think PC versions are intentionally crippled.
- You can still buy the game as a gift if you already own the game
- Good to know we’ll get a better game on day one than Windows users
- Feel bad for Feral having to work with a shitty codebase until the game gets patched
Early Kungfu no more
- Oh boy. You think this game is baked?
- What are we on now? Version 189616581381.3-alpha?
- I’d rather play Ultra Street Fighter IV on Wine
Where’s May Gone
- Coming soon, the Ultimate Kickstarter for the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny
- ….Who am I kidding, I’d buy the fuck out of that game.
Noah Wolfenstein: The Ark
- Does it include the part where Noah gets drunk and abuses his sons?
- What about the incest?
- Gotta love the steam tags on this game
- TIL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_3D_Noah’s_Ark
Can we stop with the Minecraft graphics?
- After forcing myself to sit and read through the store page, this sounds like a game I’d at least give a fair shot to.
- I won’t, though. Wanna know why?
- You made it look like Minecraft, Brad!
- At this point in time the Minecraft voxel graphics are damaging your game more than helping it, I feel.
- Minecraft MOD …the game
- I wonder if DX11 support is going to remain a paid feature. It’ll probably trickle down to stock wine eventually, but I wouldn’t be surprised if for the first bit it will be crossover only
- Supposedly not, but this is an unverified copypasta
- I do have a copy of The Crew I never got play. I wonder if this will happen before Ubisoft kills the game servers.
- Remember kids. We love Wine. It’s awesome and so are the people behind it. What it isn’t is a way to get your app on linux without any effort required.
- I like me some WINE and sweet mother of FK did I have the misfortune of reading the Linux_gaming thread.
- Wine dev said on twitter the patches will land in Wine
- Install any game for any platform on Linux
- We ship Open Source games and old linux games, emulators, multiple wine versions
- Download Steam data
Breaking: Old news is new?
- Choo-chooo! The old new hype train strikes again.
- Oh wow, two whole links on that page that aren’t internal to phoronix. A new record?
- To be fair, the commit on the nouveau project and the message on the freedesktop ML are from this week
- “Development in progress, timelines long or uncertain”
- Don’t hold your breath-organ.
- It’s Ok Unity. If people want to develop games on linux, they’ll just go to your competitors and give them money
- I want an option to sort by engine on the Steam.
It’s all YOUR fault!
- There’s plenty of counter-examples of similar games selling. You know, good ones.
- GOTY 2013 YOLO
- Sunset recommending 16GJ of RAM speaks volume-organs.
- “Oh, we looked at what made other games commercially successful…”
- And yet you still wound up with a slow-paced, “artsy”, barely interactive, expensive and unoptimized piece of software that most people would have had trouble calling a “game”.
- It’s like you went out of your way to pick the parts that made Dear Esther and Gone Home boring as balls and mashed them together.
- I’m genuinely surprised you managed to sell as many copies as you did and had such a low refund ratio.
- In closing, FK these ass-banjos
- Someone’s a bit insecure.
- Always good to go the Murderbeck route
Yea, SkullGirls that Linux port
- It’s more like what Larian is doing with Divinity.
- Oh yeah, we’ll get to your linux port after we finish our next game
- Still waiting on Dragon Commander Brad
- Looks like they’re crowdfunding this one. Don’t give these guys money until they make with the port for Project Cars 1. End of story.
- Crowdfunding should be forbidden for people who have already had another crowdfunding campaign, but have yet to deliver on everything they promised.
Make your Lorry!
- Won’t let you murder your own hooker even though you could in theory model him/her out, but you can design the truck.
- Blender-based 3D modeling.
- This is just a good move all around for them. The more accessible they make content creation for their platform, the more people will use it and buy their game and scads of DLC
- *searches for 3D models of Clarkson*
EXTREME!11! (From Frenchie)
- I was met with the Unity popup screen of NOPE! So we know the controller (if it works at all) would be incorrectly mapped. It was.
- It looks alright, but I’m not backing the project until they give the Linux export a bit of love.
- Unity devs Y U NO READ THIS : http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=Xbox360Controller
- Even the illegal Mario tech demo has (had) in-game rebindable controls
- Heavily touch based, no key to restart the race
- Some potential but needs some work
- The controls are a wee whack too. Kept getting flipped on my back and they don’t really give you a way to properly re-orient yourself
- Like Venn Said, certainly not bad looking for a unity game
Actual Lego in my Linux? (From Freejack)
- It’s a start!
- DLC comes in the form of minifigures which you have to buy in real-life and input the codes in-game.
- Incidentally, you can bulk order all the lego bricks you want,but you can’t bulk order minifigs. I need them. For reasons…
- Speaking for Lego, Linux 4.2 will be available on the Lego Mindstorm CPU http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-4.2-Renesas-H8-300
- Feral! Port the Lego games to Linux too!
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Engine: Nuligine Game Engine
Price: 14.99 – 16.99CAD
Wazzat: Destroy opponents, improve your car and weapons. Feel the dynamics of the chase and fighting battles. Enjoy good physics cars.
Pedro says: I copy pasted that straight from the store page.
Makes with the working
- Starts up in a microscopic little window you have to expand. It’s a wee annoying
- Also, why do you have always-online DRM for this crap! – 1 chair
- One crash after finishing the tutorial race, but ran ok after.
- echo “MadOut” >> .hidden
Shiny / Sounds
- What is wrong with your face menu?
- Dear lord that menu is hideous
- It looks alright
- Soundtrack is forgettable wubwubwub
- Good 3D artist, shitty 2D artist
- Quality of music varies from okay to mildly annoying
- Who needs controls on the menu? FK that noise!
- Outside of that severe misapplication of judgement, everything worked.
- Default bindings are sane
- Controls actually correctly mapped out of the box? Nicely done.
- Very playable, I usually suck a lot more at racing games.
- You will not win.
- You can come in second all day long.
- This game was built from the ground up to allow that.
- Fir$t place seems reserved for those who spent a little wet stinky.
- “MadOut Ice Storm” actually has in-app purchases, and that’s a problem.
- This version shares some of the DNA e.g. BUY button on the car image in the Steam Store.
- What happens when you remove the pay-to-win mechanic from your game?
- GRINDING, Brad. That’s what you FKN get.
- This game is just a big ball of meh
- It’s also clearly a pay to win game. I agree with strider, 100 races to get a new car is way too fucking much
- Couldn’t finish a race in first place, even on easy (ok, I did, but I was lucky)
- Would be much better if it was more balanced
- You need to finish ~100 races to buy a new car? Ok, I’m out
M – Your saves are pulled from the internet, would love someone to hack together some kind of proxy to give me big loads of money! http://i.imgur.com/vH5lH7V.png
Elder on WINE
- Everyone I’ve seen who can’t get past the Loading screen either fixes it by using the script already included in PoL (which I mention in the video) or by reinstalling their OS, because when they started describing their problems I noticed there were more issues than the just the game not launching.
- There were also a few people on G+ who simply didn’t have the patience to let it download.
- I reiterate, 32GB download!
- The only other option I’ve considered, is that it’s SELinux/AppArmor getting in the way because of the certificate.
- You may want to set SELinux to permissive or disable AppArmor temporarily and see if the Launcher will get past the Loading screen.
- WHAR online multiplayer!?11?
- Unfair AI seems to be a trend in these Mario Kart-like games
- Pirating Linux games is… not easy, I’ll give you that.
- But pirating Windows games on Linux, that’s piss easy!
- Chances are, if you pirate a <2008 Windows game and try to run it on WINE, it will work!
- It’s 2012 ALL OVER AGAIN *builds log cabin*
- I’m not kidding, I lost count of how many PMs that asked “How can I install my special version of SkyRim”
- Ease of piracy was one piece of misinformation that kept devs from considering linux support. Let’s not take a step back on that one.
- What do you mean no piracy? There’s even a copy of Raven’s Cry on the newsgroups
Myth II: Soulblighter on Lutris: https://lutris.net/games/myth-ii-soulblighter/